More than one deposit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icer0ller

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an acceptance at one school that I really like, but I'm still waiting to hear back from my top choice. Unfortunately, my deposit is soon due at the first school, and it's due before I'll hear back from my top choice. This situation may result in me having to have two deposits/seats at different schools at the same time. Is this allowed, or are we only permitted to have one acceptance at a time? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I received an acceptance at one school that I really like, but I'm still waiting to hear back from my top choice. Unfortunately, my deposit is soon due at the first school, and it's due before I'll hear back from my top choice. This situation may result in me having to have two deposits/seats at different schools at the same time. Is this allowed, or are we only permitted to have one acceptance at a time? Thank you.
This is totally permissible and the point of deposits. You can hold multiple seats, but ultimately you only take one. You pay a price in lost deposit fees.

You can hold two spots, but they are expensive and DO schools like the word UNREFUNDABLE.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean by this?

If you get accepted to medical school, they usually ask you to pay a deposit so that they hold your sea t( acceptance) and don't give it to anybody else. If you get accepted to two schools, you have to pay two deposits, but the deposits are non refundable.

If you get accepted to medical school, they usually ask you to pay a deposit so that they hold your sea t( acceptance) and don't give it to anybody else. If you get accepted to two schools, you have to pay two deposits, but the deposits are non refundable.

Sorry, I thought you said you can ONLY hold two spots. I should go to sleep.