• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

More than one deposit

icer0ller

Oct 1, 2013
    I received an acceptance at one school that I really like, but I'm still waiting to hear back from my top choice. Unfortunately, my deposit is soon due at the first school, and it's due before I'll hear back from my top choice. This situation may result in me having to have two deposits/seats at different schools at the same time. Is this allowed, or are we only permitted to have one acceptance at a time? Thank you.

coolingglasses

5+ Year Member
    Jun 20, 2012
    do not try to swim to europe
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I received an acceptance at one school that I really like, but I'm still waiting to hear back from my top choice. Unfortunately, my deposit is soon due at the first school, and it's due before I'll hear back from my top choice. This situation may result in me having to have two deposits/seats at different schools at the same time. Is this allowed, or are we only permitted to have one acceptance at a time? Thank you.
      This is totally permissible and the point of deposits. You can hold multiple seats, but ultimately you only take one. You pay a price in lost deposit fees.

About the Ads

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      Oct 5, 2007
      Midwest, USA
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        If you get accepted to medical school, they usually ask you to pay a deposit so that they hold your sea t( acceptance) and don't give it to anybody else. If you get accepted to two schools, you have to pay two deposits, but the deposits are non refundable.

Sorry, I thought you said you can ONLY hold two spots. I should go to sleep.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.