scotchtape

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
Status
I think there should be more threads visible on the first page of the Pre-allo forum. I feel like the threads end up disappearing into the other pages without sufficient people seeing thme. I for one scroll down all the way to the bottom and look for things I find interesting. I rarely go on to further pages. What do you guys think?

MWillie

On the wards
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2004
Chi Town
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Whoa, you need to stop that check SDN ever couple hours gig, and start looking at it every 3 minutes like the rest of us. You won't miss a thing that way.

OP
S

scotchtape

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
Status
Its sad, it really has gotten to a point where I check every 5 minutes. I just don't want to miss anything when I go shower. I might start skipping showers and programming my computer to trigger an alarm everytime there is a new post. :laugh:

About the Ads

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
MWillie said:
Whoa, you need to stop that check SDN ever couple hours gig, and start looking at it every 3 minutes like the rest of us. You won't miss a thing that way.
:laugh: frightening! though true.

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
I sometimes check SDN at work too ...uh...hello there are patients waiting to be seen... :p

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
MWillie said:
haha.... i just go to the next page. no biggie.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
MWillie said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: on weekends i may go two days (yes!! 2 days) without checking the board and then everything is gone to page 5 or so. By then I usually forget about it.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Ambs said:
I sometimes check SDN at work too ...uh...hello there are patients waiting to be seen... :p
you mean that's not expected? also between and during classes? hello!! this is sdn you know.

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
Psycho Doctor said:
you mean that's not expected? also between and during classes? hello!! this is sdn you know.
hehe... how in the world do you manage that? you're supposed to be hanging on every wonderful word your professor says :mad: :laugh:

tesla123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
Status
tinkerbelle said:
hehe... how in the world do you manage that? you're supposed to be hanging on every wonderful word your professor says :mad: :laugh:
I am going to bump this one for the OP :D

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
tinkerbelle said:
haven't you heard of multi-tasking? (i'm doing it now) :p

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
tesla123 said:
I am going to bump this one for the OP :D
yes we must keep it on the front page!

PineappleGirl

Sweet and Juicy!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Boston
Status
I agree, it would be nice if there were more posts on the first page.
There are a lot of threads I really like and try to check, but when they move past the first three pages or so, it gets to be kind of annoying, especially if you haven't been logged on for a couple days.

This reminds me of when I first learned HTML. I didn't understand the concept of pages. I made my entire site on one page and couldn't understand why anyone would want to go to another page when they could just scroll down. :laugh:

About the Ads

dopaminophile

nerd extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
+pad+ front page indeed +pad+

PineappleGirl

Sweet and Juicy!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Boston
Status
brining this up to the front page.

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
The problem isn't too few threads on a page, it's too many threads period. If we could get the pre-allo forum down to only a couple all-inclusive threads, they would always be on page 1. They would be completely useless. But on page 1! ;)

dopaminophile

nerd extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
liverotcod said:
The problem isn't too few threads on a page, it's too many threads period. If we could get the pre-allo forum down to only a couple all-inclusive threads, they would always be on page 1. They would be completely useless. But on page 1! ;)
I suppose you could make it so only people with 1000+ posts could make a new thread... that might be interesting!

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
dopaminophile said:
I suppose you could make it so only people with 1000+ posts could make a new thread... that might be interesting!
I think I've only started 10 or so threads in 1500+ posts. I prefer to snipe on others' threads.

dopaminophile

nerd extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
liverotcod said:
I think I've only started 10 or so threads in 1500+ posts. I prefer to snipe on others' threads.
Yeah but think of all of these people with 0 posts that ask repetitive questions. What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances?

Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2004
NJ
Status
Wow, you guys got alot over on me. Granted I'll look at the forum for hours while at work (go figure). Once I get home though, I usually take a break. Although the forum itself is very comforting in terms of available information, I find myself getting very nervous when I read on here... I'm weird though.

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
dopaminophile said:
What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances? What are my chances?
Outlook good. Outlook not so good. My reply is No. Don't count on it. You may rely on it. Ask again later. Most likely. Cannot predict now. Yes definitely. Better not tell you now. It is certain. Very doubtful. Concentrate and ask again. Signs point to yes. My sources say no. Without a doubt. Reply hazy, try again.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
liverotcod said:
and i started much more threads when i was new than i ever do any more.

dopaminophile

nerd extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
liverotcod said:
Outlook good. Outlook not so good. My reply is No. Don't count on it. You may rely on it. Ask again later. Most likely. Cannot predict now. Yes definitely. Better not tell you now. It is certain. Very doubtful. Concentrate and ask again. Signs point to yes. My sources say no. Without a doubt. Reply hazy, try again.
LMAO!

chopper

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Status
user CP - edit options - posts per page

you can change it to 25 max, from the 20 default. Not the best, but it gives you some more latitude.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
chopper said:
user CP - edit options - posts per page

you can change it to 25 max, from the 20 default. Not the best, but it gives you some more latitude.
awesome, you learn something new here everyday. Now I got to check what mine even says

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
Thinking more about the idea of cutting down on threads, I wonder if it's been tried to have a single official "What are my chances" thread and a single "School A vs. School B" thread?

Or is it hopeless?

About the Ads