More to Life than Practice??

Started by trypmo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Are you interested in academic dentistry?

  • Yes, full-time teaching & research

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, but I'd have to have a small practice as well

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Said so in my interview, but I'm really not so interested

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Never really thought about it

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Nope, just not enough money in it

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I'm keeping my options open, and it's a possibility

    Votes: 15 35.7%

  • Total voters
    42

trypmo

Arch Fiend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PotW this time about academic dentistry. Have you ever considered it? Right now there's a huge need out there for professors of dentistry. There was a previous thread about this once, but not a poll, so guess what. 😀
 
You forgot to include an option for practicing full-time and teaching part-time. That's what some of the best dentists I shadowed do, and at school the part-time faculty are often more helpful than the full-time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aphistis said:
You forgot to include an option for practicing full-time and teaching part-time. That's what some of the best dentists I shadowed do, and at school the part-time faculty are often more helpful than the full-time.
I agree with Aphistis, I'll probably end up teaching part time, myself.
 
I suppose I intended for the second answer choice to cover any way of splitting up your time between practice & teaching.
 
I think it's the best way to settle down towards the end of my career.
 
you forgot to include an option: no, because i'm just not interested. i couldn't vote because my reason for answering "no" is not because of the money in it... just not something i could see myself enjoying...
 
Biogirl361 said:
you forgot to include an option: no, because i'm just not interested. i couldn't vote because my reason for answering "no" is not because of the money in it... just not something i could see myself enjoying...
Aha -- you're right, I missed that one. Would be nice to be able to add answer choices to a poll after it's posted, but alas.