More to Life than Practice??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you interested in academic dentistry?

• Yes, full-time teaching & research

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, but I'd have to have a small practice as well

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Said so in my interview, but I'm really not so interested

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Never really thought about it

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Nope, just not enough money in it

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I'm keeping my options open, and it's a possibility

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters

trypmo

Arch Fiend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PotW this time about academic dentistry. Have you ever considered it? Right now there's a huge need out there for professors of dentistry. There was a previous thread about this once, but not a poll, so guess what. :D

Members don't see this ad.

No way. This is all.

You forgot to include an option for practicing full-time and teaching part-time. That's what some of the best dentists I shadowed do, and at school the part-time faculty are often more helpful than the full-time.

Members don't see this ad :)
aphistis said:
You forgot to include an option for practicing full-time and teaching part-time. That's what some of the best dentists I shadowed do, and at school the part-time faculty are often more helpful than the full-time.
I agree with Aphistis, I'll probably end up teaching part time, myself.

I suppose I intended for the second answer choice to cover any way of splitting up your time between practice & teaching.

any more takers?

I think it's the best way to settle down towards the end of my career.

you forgot to include an option: no, because i'm just not interested. i couldn't vote because my reason for answering "no" is not because of the money in it... just not something i could see myself enjoying...

Biogirl361 said:
you forgot to include an option: no, because i'm just not interested. i couldn't vote because my reason for answering "no" is not because of the money in it... just not something i could see myself enjoying...
Aha -- you're right, I missed that one. Would be nice to be able to add answer choices to a poll after it's posted, but alas.