More UF Invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gator1210

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a possibility that they could accept some people later on in the month. I interviewed in like September and I didnt get a call on Dec 1. I wish I did, but I didnt. I called the school and they said just wait for something in the mail and they couldnt tell me if I got in or my status over the phone. I got into Nova and I want to go to UF mainly. For those that got in, or heard something, any ideas or comments appreciated!

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

I had a call on Dec. 1st, and got the official letter in the mail today via certified mail.

Of course they could still accept you, they don't fill their class on Dec. 1st, and then there will be people who decline their acceptances.

Good luck!

Sk8aBull said:
I had a call on Dec. 1st, and got the official letter in the mail today via certified mail.

Of course they could still accept you, they don't fill their class on Dec. 1st, and then there will be people who decline their acceptances.

Good luck!

Thanks for your input. I just hope Im not waitlisted bc nobody ever gets in that was on it. I hope they are rollling my app. Nova is a beautiful/fun school though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I got waitlisted. Hurts that my alma mater didn't want me, but at least I was still accepted to my first choice (though it's much more expensive). If you don't get a letter tomorrow then you are still in the running to be accepted in their next batch I believe. Good luck, fellow gator. :)

It seems like some of you who go to UF know a little more about the process. I interviewed at UF already and was hoping to hear back on Dec. 1. I didn't and nothing has come in the mail since. I called up to ask and I was told that they can't give me any more information. They also said they werent sure if a letter was sent to me in the mail. Also, sunphish, when you say you got waitlisted, do you mean the alternate list? If so, does UF tell you what number you are on the list?

sunphish said:
Yeah, I got waitlisted. Hurts that my alma mater didn't want me, but at least I was still accepted to my first choice (though it's much more expensive). If you don't get a letter tomorrow then you are still in the running to be accepted in their next batch I believe. Good luck, fellow gator. :)

hey sunphish, did you actually get a letter in the mail saying you got waitlisted or did you call to find that out?

I got a letter in the mail Saturday morning saying that I was put on the alt. list, and that they will be in touch with me if they get to my spot on the list. The letter also says that they will not tell you your rank because it changes frequently with new scores on grades and DATs, etc that students send in. It also mentions that we should send in our grades for this semester because they have the potential of bumping us up on the list.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info -

wow. I thought that once they place you on the alt. list you have you spot locked and if there is room there is room. I didn't know they would continuously change your position. Anyway, assuming that UF didn't send out enough letters to fill their enitre class, when does the alt. list kick in? Sometime later in the year (next year)? Anyone know if UF also sent out post-interview rejection letters?

sunphish said:
I got a letter in the mail Saturday morning saying that I was put on the alt. list, and that they will be in touch with me if they get to my spot on the list. The letter also says that they will not tell you your rank because it changes frequently with new scores on grades and DATs, etc that students send in. It also mentions that we should send in our grades for this semester because they have the potential of bumping us up on the list.

sunphish said:

Thanks for the info sunphish :) Do you mind sharing your stats? I haven't gotten a letter about being on the waitlist, so I have a feeling I'm going to get rejected..

Sure. My GPA is a 3.61, science is a 3.41 and out of science is 4.0 My DATs were 19AA, 23RC, and what is the other part? Everyone puts a score for "TS" but I don't know what that means...

I have more than enough extracurriculars and involvement, and I think my weakness was my interview. As I was telling DWade, the interview REALLY, REALLY counts here. I was too nervous. I never really quite got used to the "panel" of three faculty members. I like one on one interviews better, but that doesn't really matter, ay?

If you didn't get a letter yet then don't worry. I really think that means that you are still being considered in the next round of acceptances. Keep your chin up! And if not, feel free to join me at Pitt for a rip roaring good time! :)

I havent gotten a letter yet and I am hoping i wont tomorrow. They told us that nobody got off waitlist into acceptance last year and maybe like 1 or 2 the year before. I will keep looking forward to mail and if not, I will be going to Ft lauderdale where the beach is never more than 1 hours away.

Thanks for your posts,
deeply appreciate your encouragement,
and lets all hope for the best.

I have 3.6/3.55 20/20 AA PAT. I thought I was good to go, apparently not

^ You would most likely enjoy your time more at Nova, anyway. Nova is a great school. I'm 92% sure that I'm going to be going to Nova over UF.

gator1210 said:
I havent gotten a letter yet and I am hoping i wont tomorrow. They told us that nobody got off waitlist into acceptance last year and maybe like 1 or 2 the year before. I will keep looking forward to mail and if not, I will be going to Ft lauderdale where the beach is never more than 1 hours away.

Thanks for your posts,
deeply appreciate your encouragement,
and lets all hope for the best.

I have 3.6/3.55 20/20 AA PAT. I thought I was good to go, apparently not

hey, gator1210, it seems to be really difficult to get into d-school there at UF. i thought that they might give a slight bit more of consideration to gator predents... UF is also my state school, although not my first choice, should i still try to get in there? my GPA right now is ~3.4 (however, i still have some time, not applying this cycle)

speedy3816 said:
hey, gator1210, it seems to be really difficult to get into d-school there at UF. i thought that they might give a slight bit more of consideration to gator predents... UF is also my state school, although not my first choice, should i still try to get in there? my GPA right now is ~3.4 (however, i still have some time, not applying this cycle)

Ya, do it. What i realized is that my GPA, undergrad, shadowing hrs, DAT are not as important as the luck you will have. I know people with 19AA and 15 on one section of their DATs get in. I WOULD apply....they will give a chance.

good luck