more UoP interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bruinlove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a letter from UoP saying that they will interview about 250 for 140 seats. This is about 60 more interviews than previous years.
What's going on~? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

They want more waitlists. Or interviews matter more now :)

I just got a letter from UoP saying that they will interview about 250 for 140 seats. This is about 60 more interviews than previous years.
What's going on~? :scared:

Your post struck me as being a little off.
From their website during their previous cycles:
[SIZE=-1]"Students selected by our admissions committee are invited to the dental school for an interview. (We anticipate 300 students will be interviewed for the 140 seats in the class of 2010.)"

What prompted this letter to be sent- did you ask them for more info on admissions?
[/SIZE]

Members don't see this ad :)
[SIZE=-1] (We anticipate 300 students will be interviewed for the 140 seats in the class of 2010.)"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

I guess they expect maximum of 300, but not that many students qualify for interview.

thats wierd... my interview was in early march and they told us we were the last batch for the alternate list...

thats wierd... my interview was in early march and they told us we were the last batch for the alternate list...

OMG. I guess you guys thought I got an interview invite letter.:eek:
No! They sent me the first info letter after cashing out my check for this cycle.

I think 250 is about right. I remember in the interview, they said the hardest part for uop is to get invited to an interview because they don't interview that many people.

We must have interviewed together, did you hear back?

That's a VERY high acceptance rate post-interview. They don't seem to be screening for a certain personality type. Sounds like they go on numbers (and legacy standing).

That's a VERY high acceptance rate post-interview. They don't seem to be screening for a certain personality type. Sounds like they go on numbers (and legacy standing).

Welcome to the land of Private schools...

We must have interviewed together, did you hear back?

Hey, I did get on the alternate list, so I am just preety much waiting.. What about you?

Pretty sure the legacy thing is overblown, only something like 16% of our class has dental parents, and I'm sure all of those aren't Pacific grads.

OMG. I guess you guys thought I got an interview invite letter.:eek:
No! They sent me the first info letter after cashing out my check for this cycle.

They cashed your check already! Wow! You are the earliest applicant I have ever seen. I hadn't even considered sending my check yet- my AADSAS GPAs have only been up for a few days.

Hey, I did get on the alternate list, so I am just preety much waiting.. What about you?

They accepted me the next week, but I'll be going to UCLA next year. It was a super hard decision to make and it basically came down to $$, not accepted for an air force scholarship, and my soon to be fiance's wishes to live in LA and not SF.