Morehouse Med School Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donnieman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me their MCAT and gpa stats for entry into Morehouse medical school?

Also whether or not you are in-state or out-state?

I plan to apply in 2007. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

donnieman said:
Can anyone tell me their MCAT and gpa stats for entry into Morehouse medical school?

Also whether or not you are in-state or out-state?

I plan to apply in 2007. Thanks.

Great choice! I am a non-URM (in case you're interested), Georgia resident. I was EXTREMELY impressed by Morehouse. I applied this past year with a GPA of 3.57 and MCAT of 27. Because I initially applied Early Decision to another school, I could not complete my application to Morehouse until the first of October. However, even being as behind as I was, I received an interview invite in November. I actually interviewed in late January. I was put on the wait list in March. So I'm still waiting. Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
GAdoc said:
Great choice! I am a non-URM (in case you're interested), Georgia resident. I was EXTREMELY impressed by Morehouse. I applied this past year with a GPA of 3.57 and MCAT of 27. Because I initially applied Early Decision to another school, I could not complete my application to Morehouse until the first of October. However, even being as behind as I was, I received an interview invite in November. I actually interviewed in late January. I was put on the wait list in March. So I'm still waiting. Good luck to you!

If you are still interested in Morehouse, you may want to contact the admissions office. They have moved people off of the waitlist in the past few weeks.

MarzMD said:
If you are still interested in Morehouse, you may want to contact the admissions office. They have moved people off of the waitlist in the past few weeks.

Really????!!!!! Contact them about what? I'd love to get in there!

GAdoc said:
Really????!!!!! Contact them about what? I'd love to get in there!

Just contact them to show you are still interested and to see if you got off of the waitlist.

GAdoc, if you don't mind, could you inform me of the school you decided for Early Decision acceptance?
I am quite nervous since my MCAT isn't so great when applying to schools in 07'. I plan to write the MCAT again this august.

Thanks once again for all the help.

donnieman said:
GAdoc, if you don't mind, could you inform me of the school you decided for Early Decision acceptance?
I am quite nervous since my MCAT isn't so great when applying to schools in 07'. I plan to write the MCAT again this august.

Thanks once again for all the help.

donnieman,

I applied ED to Mercer University. I am a Georgia resident, but for the second year in a row it didn't seem to help much. Just a word of caution..I was told directly by the Dean of Admissions of Mercer to apply ED. In fairness, he didn't claim I would get in, but he did say applying ED would be my best bet. At that time, I had a 24 MCAT. Mercer may have been my best bet, but I was so far behind by October, I might as well have not applied to any other schools, especially with a 24. So if you're at all uneasy, remember that you are putting all your eggs in one basket by applying ED. If you want to ask specific questions, I'd be happy to talk to you. Being that this is my second year going through all this, I know a thing or two! just pm me if you want to know more.

Thank you GAdoc for your help.
I will pm you if I have any more questions.

Does Morehouse usually accept any out of state students?

i got pulled early off the waitlist with a 3.5 overall, 3.0 science, and 3.9 graduate gpa and 31 MCAT

Does Morehouse usually accept any out of state students????

alparkeruab said:
Does Morehouse usually accept any out of state students????

Yes...I'm not sure how many, but they definately accept out of state students. They do show a good bit of preference for GA residents so I'd think out of staters would need to be quite competitive. But give it a shot!