Morehouse Residency Match List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sakmak

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I've looked everywhere online for the Residency Match List for Morehouse School of Medicine and I can't find it. I want to look at it to help me choose which med school to go to. Can someone post it or post a link for it?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I've looked everywhere online for the Residency Match List for Morehouse School of Medicine and I can't find it. I want to look at it to help me choose which med school to go to. Can someone post it or post a link for it?

Thanks

You are kidding right... The Match list is only dependent on who is in that class, not the school itself. Medical school is what you make of it. DO NOT choose medical schools based on match lists...

Yeah I know...I'm not basing my entire decision on match lists, it's just one of the many things I am looking at.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I don't think it should be even one of the many things you are looking at. I'm too lazy to find the thread, but you should do a search -- Law2Doc gave some fantastic insight as to why the match list is utterly useless to us as an evaluation tool. Please, please, please read it.

In addition to the match list being dependent upon the class rather than the school (as funky said), we are also in absolutely no position to really gauge whether a residency program is good or not. I assume that's what you're planning to do -- look and see how many people are going to hopkins. But NO medical center is stellar in ALL residencies, so you might get all excited to see someone going to MGH for psych... except maybe MGH sucks for psych (I'm not knocking MGH, that was just a theoretical example).

(and the number of people who go to "good residencies" is irrelevant anyway because prestige isn't the deciding factor for many people... have I mentioned that the match list is not a good way to compare schools?)

You are kidding right... The Match list is only dependent on who is in that class, not the school itself. Medical school is what you make of it. DO NOT choose medical schools based on match lists...

Honestly, I don't think it should be even one of the many things you are looking at. I'm too lazy to find the thread, but you should do a search -- Law2Doc gave some fantastic insight as to why the match list is utterly useless to us as an evaluation tool. Please, please, please read it.

In addition to the match list being dependent upon the class rather than the school (as funky said), we are also in absolutely no position to really gauge whether a residency program is good or not. I assume that's what you're planning to do -- look and see how many people are going to hopkins. But NO medical center is stellar in ALL residencies, so you might get all excited to see someone going to MGH for psych... except maybe MGH sucks for psych (I'm not knocking MGH, that was just a theoretical example).

(and the number of people who go to "good residencies" is irrelevant anyway because prestige isn't the deciding factor for many people... have I mentioned that the match list is not a good way to compare schools?)

I've never been more proud of the pre-med forum. You kids grow up so fast...:claps: :laugh: