Mortgage Lender

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bd1987

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to put this, but I figure other folks are in the same position as me. I'm a recently matched 4th year student who is now looking into buying a place for residency. Before this turns into a pro/con of buying argument, yes, I understand both sides of that, but I live in a part of the country where buying is cheaper than renting, so I'm at least going to see what's out there.

The problem with this situation is that I'm single and have been in school for the last 20 years of my life. I got denied for a loan by Quicken Loans today because I have no income history, and even with an offer letter from my school and a co-signer, they "could not in good conscience offer me a loan." I even have some money saved up for a decent down payment, but no dice.

Here's where you folks come in--does anyone know of a lender who will approve someone like myself? I'd really like to be able to do this process by myself, but my dad is willing to co-sign if necessary since he knows I'll keep up with my payments (and he'll know where I live...). Just looking to see if anyone has some advice to offer. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

^^ What they said

After researching a few different lenders I also found that the best deals on these 'physician type loans' tend to come from banks that are local to the area you will be buying. Obviously every situation is different but there are some screaming deals to be had out there with physician loan programs.