Mosby's PTCE book question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aaronmhahs

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a current chemistry/prepharm major who has ZERO experience in pharmacy.

My question is:

Will this book be a good source of studying for the PTCE? Or will i be lost and confused due to having no knowledge of pharmacy prior to this text?

I do not have the time or money to take course so i am looking for a source (or multiple) to study from independently before taking the test.

Any recommendations/comments?

-Thanks all!
 
I am a current chemistry/prepharm major who has ZERO experience in pharmacy.

My question is:

Will this book be a good source of studying for the PTCE? Or will i be lost and confused due to having no knowledge of pharmacy prior to this text?

I do not have the time or money to take course so i am looking for a source (or multiple) to study from independently before taking the test.

Any recommendations/comments?

-Thanks all!

Yep, the PTCE book is fantastic, and once you take the actual exam you'll feel like you've seen almost all the questions before. Not even kidding.
 
Mosby's is a great study tool. I passed the exam on the first try but I did have retail pharmacy experience under my belt so that helped as well. I don't think it will be too difficult if you put in the time and actually study and do practice exams. Being good at math helps too!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Math is actually a strong suit, since i love it! There are two different editions being sold on Amazon.com however.

One from 2005 and the other from 2009,

I glanced at it so i am assuming that the 2009 book is just an updated version, would i be correct in this assumption? (i do not want to buy the wrong book)

here are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/Mosbys-Pharma...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298927325&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Mosbys-Review...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298927341&sr=1-2

which book is the newest/best (hopefully) book to use?

Thanks!
 
Math is actually a strong suit, since i love it! There are two different editions being sold on Amazon.com however.

One from 2005 and the other from 2009,

I glanced at it so i am assuming that the 2009 book is just an updated version, would i be correct in this assumption? (i do not want to buy the wrong book)

here are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/Mosbys-Pharma...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298927325&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Mosbys-Review...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298927341&sr=1-2

which book is the newest/best (hopefully) book to use?

Thanks!


The first link is the book I used.