MOSDOH vs UNE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalschool123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from the Midwest and am interested to see which school is the better pick, MOSDOH or UNE? I interviewed at both but only heard back from MOSDOH. They both cost about the same (I think). My main focus is on which one will prepare me better clinically. It worries me that MOSDOH doesn’t see patients until 3rd year and with the boards merging I’m not sure how the taking one class at a time curriculum will prepare me for that, like I’m scared I might forget everything. But with UNE since it is in such a rural area I’m worried that there will not be enough patients to complete requirements. Also, UNE is p/f which I feel will make it less stressful, but maybe harder to specialize. I’m not sure if I want to specialize or not but it is something to think about. Thanks in advance for your advice!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I know a D3 in MOSDOH and she said that they see a ton of patients their D3 and D4 year as the school is partnered with Affinia which is a public health center. She was also skeptical about taking only once class at a time but she has come to really like it and told me that surprisingly retains more information. From my interview there I remember that they had very good boards passing rates. Also the clinics and pre-clinical sim lab are very updated and modern.

Reactions: 1 user
I know a D3 in MOSDOH and she said that they see a ton of patients their D3 and D4 year as the school is partnered with Affinia which is a public health center. She was also skeptical about taking only once class at a time but she has come to really like it and told me that surprisingly retains more information. From my interview there I remember that they had very good boards passing rates. Also the clinics and pre-clinical sim lab are very updated and modern.
Oh okay thanks for this! They were both so similar I can’t decide which one I like better lol