USMLE/COMLEX "Most Common Cancer" questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kerosene Hat

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just doing COMBANK questions for Level 1 and I got one about prostate cancer wrong - the correct answer was along the lines of "prostate cancer is the most common cancer among males". However, I chose something else because skin cancer technically is the most common cancer. If you look at First Aid, it'll tell you that skin cancer is the most common cancer in general but then lists prostate and breast as the #1 for each sex. Is it safe to consider prostate/breast "#1" on the COMLEX? On the USMLE?

Thanks for your help!
 
These questions are a ploy on words, especially for COMCRAP. Cancer vs. tumor, benign vs. malignant, invasive vs. non-invasive, metastatic vs. non-metastatic, male vs. female.