Most durable enamel hatchet

Started by resiliens
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

resiliens

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any recommendations on durable enamel hatchets? I'm already on my third one and these things are pretty expensive. It's also a pain to keep having to buy new ones, so I'd rather just buy a good one once and be able to use it for longer. Is there a certain brand that's better than others or ones that have lifetime warranty or made from stronger material? Thanks fam
 
Last edited:
Have you tried keeping it sharp? (Not being sarcastic). They dull, so it becomes harder to cut through the enamel. People place more force/torque to compensate and end up breaking them.
 
That's an excellent point. I hadn't realized that although mine don't break when I'm using them, rather when I place them away when I'm not using them or if I accidentally drop them

Sent from my Fire Phone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A new carrying case is in order as well then. Are you using a plastic case or a canvas roll-up?
 
Not really. Just find a little case that will hold your instruments. I picked up mine at The Container Store. Don't spend too much money either.