Most effective study guide for QR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoooShuuu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my hands on everything and anything for math. Can you guys recommend what helped you the most?

Also, are we seriously expected to memorize trig functions??

Members don't see this ad.

I do not know what works with you. However I can recommend SAT or GRE math books to you. They are relatively cheap. Then you can begin DAT materials(these are iterations of SAT and GRE books). Yes you have to memorize the functions.Work with right triangle by this way you remember sin,cos,tan,cotan,sec and cosec eaisily. All you need to memorize is
sin^2 x+cos^2 x= 1
sin2x=2(sinx)(cosx)
cos2x=cos^2 x- sin^2 x
and do bunch of practice problems.

know your trig functions cold!!! i can not stress that enough. some versions, from what ive been hearing on this forum, either have lots of trig or none at all, but its better to be safe then sorry. and i recommend knowing them all; sin, cos, tan, sec, cot, etc. be especially knowledgeable about your triangles as well.

if you live in new york i would even recommend buying the high school regents review books. they're really good, it might be a little overkill, but like i said before, i'd rather know more than i neeed to than not enough.