Most Epic Dean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

newpredent

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was looking at the posts from people discussing the new dental school at ECU and saw their Dean, James R. Hupp has a ridiculous number of degrees.

James R. Hupp, DMD, MD, JD, MBA 😱

He is also board certified and a diplomate of the american board of OMS. On top of all that he is the editor and chief of an OMS journal.

My question is: are there any other Deans or dentists for that matter more qualified then this guy?

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
.
 
So I was looking at the posts from people discussing the new dental school at ECU and saw their Dean, James R. Hupp has a ridiculous number of degrees.

James R. Hupp, DMD, MD, JD, MBA 😱

He is also board certified and a diplomate of the american board of OMS. On top of all that he is the editor and chief of an OMS journal.

My question is: are there any other Deans or dentists for that matter more qualified then this guy?

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
.


No PhD? Amatuer.

Just kidding, but I'm sure there are a bunch out there. I saw a guy who had a few more degrees/titles from a link somewhere on the forums. I'm sure someone will post it up again. Do a search
 
So I was looking at the posts from people discussing the new dental school at ECU and saw their Dean, James R. Hupp has a ridiculous number of degrees.

James R. Hupp, DMD, MD, JD, MBA 😱

He is also board certified and a diplomate of the american board of OMS. On top of all that he is the editor and chief of an OMS journal.

My question is: are there any other Deans or dentists for that matter more qualified then this guy?

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
.

Would you trust him to defend you in court?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was looking at the posts from people discussing the new dental school at ECU and saw their Dean, James R. Hupp has a ridiculous number of degrees.

James R. Hupp, DMD, MD, JD, MBA 😱

He is also board certified and a diplomate of the american board of OMS. On top of all that he is the editor and chief of an OMS journal.

My question is: are there any other Deans or dentists for that matter more qualified then this guy?

His OMS was probably a combined OMS/MD program, and his MBA was probably a combined MBA/JD program. And then we have to consider where he did his MBA/JD, because unlike dental school, business school prestige actually matters lol. Still neat, though.

Edit:
Nevermind. Just looked him up. He's pretty legit, except for the MBA from Loyola @ Maryland lol.
 
Realistically speaking...

Even though I HATED the interview at Midwestern, AZ... the Dean was one of the NICEST Deans I have ever met. The very first one to at least come out shake each of our hands individually and then acknowledge the fact that coming out to an interview was a commitment with time and money and thanks each of us.