Most Expensive PT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

split6kik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so now that I am in the deciding phase, I am interested to know about program costs, since I have done little research outside of my application area (East Coast) and even within that, dont know that much. So, post what you know guys!

Heard of a crazy outrageous $chool, or just tell us the most expensive one youve applied to? Id love to know, so I can feel out what I am thinking about spending vs other places. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

First, there are too many "most expensive PT schools";). I applied to three in NYC. I was accepted to Columbia(~175-180K all inclusive), I withdrew from NYU(~175-200K all inclusive), and LIU(~125-150K all inclusive). I also applied to Duke(~150K+), but withdrew once I was accepted to other programs. I have heard that USC is crazy expensive(~180-200+K all inclusive). There are no doubt dozens more that others can allude to. If money is not an issue, then go to town on these schools. Just keep in mind that the median salary of a PT is approximately $80,000 a year. You can definitely make a lot more while working a 50-60hr week(at least 100K+). Starting salaries, depending on the setting is probably going to be 60-75K, depending on the setting. Best wishes on the decision you make!