Most fun and interesting specialty?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shindotp

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which speciality do you think is the most fun/interesting/whatever?

I think the most interesting would be infectious diseases, and the most fun probably a surgical specialty...

Members don't see this ad.

Are you looking for individual personal opinions or a general consensus?

At any rate, I'm interested in a specific surgical specialty.

I think in general, it all depends on your personality. If you're the type to be hands on and use your hands a lot, then surgery will appeal to you. If you're the type to look at data, interpret results, and basically use your cognitive abilities to solve medical issues, then internal medicine/family medicine etc will appeal to you more.

For myself, I'm interested in ophthalmology because I like using my hands and I am interested in eyes, but who knows. Everyone says that they change interests and I haven't started school yet. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think there is no correct answer because everyone is different. What one finds interesting in ob/gyn, for example, will be repulsive to another.

Which speciality do you think is the most fun/interesting/whatever?

I think the most interesting would be infectious diseases, and the most fun probably a surgical specialty...

Look at the list of specialties; I assure you that you will find people in each who consider it the most fun or interesting. That's why they are going into them.

Last edited:
I meant personally.... "which specialty do YOU think..."

Oh come on guys, lets face it. The answer is uro! How much fun is it coming to work everyday.

Dr:So Mr.Edwards, I see you wanna go from 7 inch to a 10 inch,eh?
Edwards:Yes. Too small? How about 11 inches??
Dr:You bad naughty boy! Does your wife know?
Edwards: Yes! In fact, it was her idea!
Dr: Have you ever mentioned that maybe she's too big?:scared:

Oh come on guys, lets face it. The answer is uro! How much fun is it coming to work everyday.

Dr:So Mr.Edwards, I see you wanna go from 7 inch to a 10 inch,eh?
Edwards:Yes. Too small? How about 11 inches??
Dr:You bad naughty boy! Does your wife know?
Edwards: Yes! In fact, it was her idea!
Dr: Have you ever mentioned that maybe she's too big?:scared:

lol... you've been studying a bit too much huh? ;)