Most realistic practice for QR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STACM

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have advice as to what is the best/most realistic practice for DAT QR?

(Topscore/Acheiver/Kaplan/GRE Math/SAT Math/Destroyer...etc??)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have advice as to what is the best/most realistic practice for DAT QR?

(Topscore/Acheiver/Kaplan/GRE Math/SAT Math/Destroyer...etc??)

In addition to these resources, I also recommend Crack the DAT Math. There are lots of trig and word problems. The explanation is not very good, however. Some questions are really good (it makes you want to pull your hair out :confused:) but some questions are just poorly worded. In a sense, if you want more practice problems, then it's also a good resource to use.

Both were pretty simple, I'd say kaplan blue book
Seriously? The questions at the end of each chapter are a joke. I have done the full length from the blue book & I thought that was easily doable as well. But the kaplan online QR subject tests are a whole new story.

If you have Kaplan online :) The online Kaplan in everything is ALOT more difficult. I even thought that the practice tests on the Kaplan book were easy compared to online. The Math, OC, BIO, GC are all more difficult online. Especially math with the subject tests.

Yeah Kaplan Subject Tests are quite challenging...anyone know if the math subject test questions are on par with DAT QR?

I would say among all the scores in DAT, your QR score will be the most unpredictable. Last year when I took the DAT i was getting 19-21 in achiever, topscore, kaplan BB. And I scored a 17 on the real thing - I was shocked!! I have been seeing that trend since last year. I am not saying everyone scores lower on the real thing, but most of them do. I am sure you must have noticed that too!

I agree with mstoothlady...I was getting the highest scores in QR out of all my sections and then that is what I scored lowest in

but I also hear that QR is the section they worry about the least:D

not necessarily...it is the most UNPREDICTABLE section...so maybe you'll get a 25:D...also, while I was taking the test, I thought it was the easiest section but I guess I was wrong. Needless to say, I didn't study for the QR except by doing practice tests.

Destroyer, Achiever, and Kaplan. And anything else you can grab hands on is good practice for QR.

not necessarily...it is the most UNPREDICTABLE section...so maybe you'll get a 25:D...also, while I was taking the test, I thought it was the easiest section but I guess I was wrong. Needless to say, I didn't study for the QR except by doing practice tests.
I felt exactly same. While I was doing QR section on the real thing, all the problems felt so doable. They all were worded straight, but I guess they had trick in them uh! Yea true, admission committee pay least attention to it. But if you do well in it, you can improve your AA & that always looks good.