Most realistic practice pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wigwam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering where I could get the most realistic practic pcat tests. I am currently studying with the kaplan book and haveen't taken their test yet. Are cliff's or barron's any good? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't say I ever found a truly realistic complete practice test. Arco's book sucked. Barrons was alright, but I think the biggest proablem was the books i saw didn't give a scoring guide, so even if you got 35/48 right you would have no idea where you stood.

I thought that Cliffs 5 PCAT practice tests are VERY similar, except the chemistry section ( PCAT chem was much easier)

I did 3 exams from cliffs the night before my PCAT at I found it to be very very similar to the actualy PCAT, just use another source for chem because cliffs chem is ridiculously hard

I can't say I ever found a truly realistic complete practice test. Arco's book sucked. Barrons was alright, but I think the biggest proablem was the books i saw didn't give a scoring guide, so even if you got 35/48 right you would have no idea where you stood. I took the collins course and those tests were about as realistic as it gets but alas there was no scoring guide for his either. I did pretty well on average on his though, ranged from 48/48 per section down to 37/48. (remeber 8 questions are experimental questions on each section so they dont even count).

hello, from the material from dr collins course - did you run into similar/same questions on the real PCAT when you took it? i just recently got the self-study material but it seems like there were a lot of questions that repeated in different sets of the practice exams (the questions were "recycled" for many times it seems like haha - does it mean that those are the questions that would show up on the real PCAT?). what section(s) do you think best resembles the real PCAT, and if we can score decent on the material from dr collins course, does it we will do well on the real exam?

thank you =)