Technology Motion C5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hawkpilot

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used a motion (or any slate computer for that matter) in the hospital? I'm looking for input on if and how it worked out for them.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone used a motion (or any slate computer for that matter) in the hospital? I'm looking for input on if and how it worked out for them.

I use a motion le1600 and have for the past 4 years. Stable, dependable and great for note taking and the pen is very light. Plus, the screen is easy to clean (you can use an alcohol swab on it and then a cloth). I do have a detachable keyboard and an external drive to dump into. Support is second to none.

As for the original Q, a neuro attending and a few other attendings on the medicine service have been carrying a motion and the neuro attending told me it has really kept him on task and allows him to write notes on patients, keep better track of problem lists and he can look up labs, images, etc. while walking.

I was imagining similar uses for the motion--charting, 'consulting' with the various medical ebooks, etc.