Motivated Reasoning...Or, "Why you are all wrong!"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/more-evidence-for-motivated-reasoning/

"I also think we need to remind ourselves that people who disagree with us are just people. They are not demons. They have their reasons for believing what they do. They think they are right just as much as you think you are right. They don’t disagree with you because you are virtuous and they are evil. They just have a different narrative than you, and your narrative is likely just as subjective and flawed as theirs."

Members don't see this ad.

clearly they are not reading the contradictory press ganey data espousing that only the patient... I mean consumer, is correct in any and all arguments, and that this is nonsense except that press ganey's statistical validity is .... nonexistent.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/more-evidence-for-motivated-reasoning/

"I also think we need to remind ourselves that people who disagree with us are just people. They are not demons. They have their reasons for believing what they do. They think they are right just as much as you think you are right. They don’t disagree with you because you are virtuous and they are evil. They just have a different narrative than you, and your narrative is likely just as subjective and flawed as theirs."
Jung //The fourth criterion, Judging – Perceiving, reflects how a person implements the information he or she has processed. Judging means that a person organizes all of his life events and, as a rule, sticks to his plans. Perceiving means that he or she is inclined to improvise and explore alternative options.// there are judgers and there are perceivers and it behooves one to figure out which one you are . the world needs both, and theoretically someday your personality will have both, but until that happens, how some other people react to what you say is going to be mysterious.