Motivation (Some Quotes, etc.)

Started by Maxprime
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maxprime

Higgs chaser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought I'd post this up b/c those of us in post-baccs generally have a pretty tough road ahead of us.

First off, put the Rudy soundtrack on your iPod & buy the DVD. When you're at the library at 4am studying and want to quit, take a break, put on your iPod, and listen to the theme from Rudy - it will work wonders for you.

These are a few quotes commonly used in the special forces (Special Operations now). I picked them because they motivate me to continue my path (and for personal reasons):

No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea.
-Eugene Fitch Ware

"The only easy day was yesterday."
-Navy SEALs

"These things we do that others may live."
-SO Paratroopers

"There is no limit to the good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."
-General George C. Marshall

"The universe is so vast and ageless that the life of one man can only be measured by the size of his sacrifice."
-Brit RAF Officer

I thought others might enjoy. I also suggest putting any rejection letter you have taped up on your desk. Again, 4am and you want to go to bed - re-read that sentence rejecting you, motivates me like hell.