Motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maskchamp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys...

Anyone have any trouble staying motivated during med school? All the studying, stress, etc. I'll be 37 when I finish so maybe that is it, and I had a great job before, which I actually do not regret leaving, but I do definitely miss my income. Every now and then, a topic comes up among friends and such and I will get a burst of motivation, but anything else? Please tell me if it's worth it, especially finishing at 37. I'm also struggling a bit, passing, but definitely putting in a lot of work so should be more, perhaps that is also a factor. Income after is not the biggest factor, just want something decent to start my life after I am done.

Anyway, please let me know if you have dealt with this same crap or found a way. I'm in the 6 year program in Europe and still have 4 years. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You're normal, but the age doesn't help. I'm 40+ and miss my income all the time, it makes things harder and worse for sure. Stay the course.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
The sh*tload of debt that you've likely accumulated is the most consistent motivator from my own personal experience. Mentors come and go, patients fade away, but the debt stays forever :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The sh*tload of debt that you've likely accumulated is the most consistent motivator from my own personal experience. Mentors come and go, patients fade away, but the debt stays forever :)
He’s in Europe. He prolly has little or no debt.

Reactions: 2 users