Motorola Q and drug software?

Started by pinkyrx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pinkyrx

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody have the Motorola Q smartphone from Verizon? I'm trying to find out if you can install things on it like Mobile Micromedex or Lexicomp. It has the Windows Mobile 5.0 OS, but I think its different that the WM5 used on Pocket PCs (ie. Treo) I keep hearing conflicting things about whether or not you can install 3rd party software so I just thought I'd check to see if any of you are actually using the phone or know someone who is. I'm tired of carrying around a phone and a PDA so I'm going to try to integrate the two into one device. :laugh:

🙂
 
Ok, to answer my own question (in case anyone else is interested in knowing)... I called tech support for Lexi and Micromedex and they both said that their software does not work with the Motorola Q at this time. However, they are supposed to have compatible versions coming out sometime next year. They didn't sound very certain on release dates. 🙂