Technology Motorola Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iunci

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody out there have a motorola Q? I'm a medical student about to go on rotations and I was thinking of getting one. It appears that epocrates runs on it (press releases say so) but I was wondering if anyone has actually tried it or any other medical software on it. I heard it may have some software compatability problems.

Members don't see this ad.

iunci said:
Does anybody out there have a motorola Q? I'm a medical student about to go on rotations and I was thinking of getting one. It appears that epocrates runs on it (press releases say so) but I was wondering if anyone has actually tried it or any other medical software on it. I heard it may have some software compatability problems.

The downside is that there is no touch screen like on the treo. For that reason alone some programs wont run or dont function as they should. For medical purposes the treo is a better option. But honestly neither are as good as the stand alone palm/ppc and a separate phone.

I just got the treo700 and it is pretty nice but ive had to reset on several occasions which sucks. You never have to do that with a regular phone.