Mount Saint Marys

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Applicationaddict

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just received notice that I have been placed on the alternate acceptance list and was wondering if anyone else has received this email. The email made it seem like it means I have a high likelihood of getting in as they call it a "accepted/wait list" position, however, I feel like some schools have extremely large wait lists since they don't like sending denial letters. Any MSM students here that were accepted off the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received the same email. I am not sure how deep the wait list is though.

I feel that since they sent out there decisions early that come February people may drop from the program for cheaper schools or their top choices so I hope that the list isn't too long. Hopefully we stand a decent shot

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya I agree. Not everyone is going to accept their offer so I'm sure they will pull a few students from the wait list. Hope we are a few of the lucky ones! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I have just received notice that I have been placed on the alternate acceptance list and was wondering if anyone else has received this email. The email made it seem like it means I have a high likelihood of getting in as they call it a "accepted/wait list" position, however, I feel like some schools have extremely large wait lists since they don't like sending denial letters. Any MSM students here that were accepted off the alternate list?

I received the same email... Crossing my fingers that we will get moved to accepted soon!

Sent from my iPad using SDN Mobile

I got that email as well. I wonder how many of us are there, how many they typically accept from the alternate list, and how we're ranked.

I got that email as well. I wonder how many of us are there, how many they typically accept from the alternate list, and how we're ranked.
I called today and they said that there's over a 100 that got the email, but not everyone will accept the alternate list position. She said in about 6 weeks we could call and possibly get more info about our position

I called today and they said that there's over a 100 that got the email, but not everyone will accept the alternate list position. She said in about 6 weeks we could call and possibly get more info about our position

Oh wow. For a class of 36, that's a lot more than I expected. I'm not too optimistic based on that, but I guess you never know.

Oh wow. For a class of 36, that's a lot more than I expected. I'm not too optimistic based on that, but I guess you never know.

Yeah same here. She did say that there is a lot of movement in the next couple months, but it has been known to change around all the way until August. So it sounds like they are used to moving through a waitlist, but I don't know how deep

Well at least she said over 100 and not hundreds. I was kind of assuming that everyone who achieved the minimum requirements got the email. At least it seems like they have narrowed it down a bit.

Well at least she said over 100 and not hundreds. I was kind of assuming that everyone who achieved the minimum requirements got the email. At least it seems like they have narrowed it down a bit.

Just thought id let you guys know that I asked them today how many people were on the waitlist and they said 145... Best of luck everyone!

Honestly I expected it to be a bigger pool. There are some ranked wait lists that are longer than that. Gotta just hope for the best. I am guessing that there is a high likelihood that 10-12 people will drop out in the coming weeks in leu of their top choice schools so there is still hope.

Just thought id let you guys know that I asked them today how many people were on the waitlist and they said 145... Best of luck everyone!
Thanks for the info! Did she say if it's ranked at all and if so, how?

Non ranked applicant pool. They look at all applicants again when a spot opens up

Anyone know of someone who is going to withdrawal?