mount sinai - stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SillyRabbit

Trix R 4 Kidz
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
DO you think i can get into Mount Sinai with a 3.3 from a good undergraduate college...good LORS and good EC's?

Haven't taken the MCAT yet but what do u think i'll need to get in?

THANKS!
 
Also, if those of you who got interviews would write your gpa and mcat that would be really helpful.. THANK U!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i got accepted a month after my interview with a high gpa from a non-ivy league and good mcats. I have the usual smattering of EC's (volunteer, research, teaching assistant) and I thought that I had 2 pretty bad interviews but I guess I was wrong.
 
I had an interview about a month ago but haven't heard anything back from them yet, so I don't know if my stats would be helpful...

Science GPA: 3.84
non-science: 3.85
Mcat: Bio - 10
Physical - 12
Verbal - 10
Writing - P
 
For the 2001 entering class (from the MSAR):

mean GPA 3.67; mean MCAT 10.76; 53% women

The ranges, which might be somewhat more informative, are not given. Also take note: these stats are only for those students offered acceptances who chose to enter the first year class, NOT for all offered acceptances. Thus, there are always limits to the usefulness of such data. Moreover, we never know exactly why these students were offered places; there surely were students with equal or better records who never were even interviewed.

For all medical schools, these kind of stats have limited predictive value for individual applicants; they are at best what is colloquially known as a "ballpark" figure.

If you have an advisor who is knowledgeable about the past students from your college who earned interviews and acceptances, you may get a better estimate about where you might stand in the competition. The advisor will know more about the interviewees and acceptees than just their stats, which is what you also need to know.