-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mount St. Mary's 2015 Cohort
Started by futureDPT1203
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They just had their deadline today. Dr. Lowe told me they will not begin to review applications until today and then will notify students during the middle of December.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They just had their deadline today. Dr. Lowe told me they will not begin to review applications until today and then will notify students during the middle of December.
Oh, okay. When I talked to her at the information session I attended, she had mentioned that they were doing admissions on a rolling basis. Maybe I heard wrong, but I remember her saying that they were sending out the first batch of acceptances right after Thanksgiving/early December.
Oh, okay. When I talked to her at the information session I attended, she had mentioned that they were doing admissions on a rolling basis. Maybe I heard wrong, but I remember her saying that they were sending out the first batch of acceptances right after Thanksgiving/early December.
When did you go to your info sess? This year they are doing things differently than they normally do because they are in process of becoming MSMU vs MSMC.
When did you go to your info sess? This year they are doing things differently than they normally do because they are in process of becoming MSMU vs MSMC.
I went at the beginning of November of this year.
hi dpt18! i was wondering what your stats were and when you sent your application in? also, did you decide to accept or reject the acceptance? thanks 🙂Just got a packet in the mail saying that I have been accepted!! Good luck to you all! 🙂
hi dpt18! i was wondering what your stats were and when you sent your application in? also, did you decide to accept or reject the acceptance? thanks 🙂
Hi futureDPT1203! My prereq gpa was 3.3 and my overall gpa was 3.6. I had good gre scores, recommendations, leadership positions, and lots of clinical hours in different settings (250 in an outpatient clinic, 20 in a geriatric day facility, and 150 in an inpatient hospital). I believe that I sent my application in early September and then heard back in the middle of December via a mailed letter. I also went to their info session and also sat in on a class and had an informal meeting with Dr. Lowe. I think that sitting in on the class and talking to Dr. Lowe really helped me to get in so if you can, I would highly recommend it!
And I accepted the offer!
Have you heard back from them yet?
Hi futureDPT1203! My prereq gpa was 3.3 and my overall gpa was 3.6. I had good gre scores, recommendations, leadership positions, and lots of clinical hours in different settings (250 in an outpatient clinic, 20 in a geriatric day facility, and 150 in an inpatient hospital). I believe that I sent my application in early September and then heard back in the middle of December via a mailed letter. I also went to their info session and also sat in on a class and had an informal meeting with Dr. Lowe. I think that sitting in on the class and talking to Dr. Lowe really helped me to get in so if you can, I would highly recommend it!
And I accepted the offer!
Have you heard back from them yet?
Okay, I sent in my application late September/beginning October and my stats are similar to yours. I also went to their information session, sat in on Anatomy lab with Dr. Chang, and corresponded with Dr. Lowe via email several times. When I last spoke to Dr. Lowe, she mentioned that my notification would be sent in the second batch after the January 15th deadline for the first batch of acceptances, so it should be any day now! Fingers crossed that it is good news 🙂 Congratulations on getting accepted! Maybe we will be future classmates 🙂
Good luck! I hope you get in too! Hopefully we will be future classmates! 🙂Okay, I sent in my application late September/beginning October and my stats are similar to yours. I also went to their information session, sat in on Anatomy lab with Dr. Chang, and corresponded with Dr. Lowe via email several times. When I last spoke to Dr. Lowe, she mentioned that my notification would be sent in the second batch after the January 15th deadline for the first batch of acceptances, so it should be any day now! Fingers crossed that it is good news 🙂 Congratulations on getting accepted! Maybe we will be future classmates 🙂
Just talked to Shawn Peters, and he informed me that I have been accepted to MSMU! 😀 😀Good luck! I hope you get in too! Hopefully we will be future classmates! 🙂
Yay! Congratulations!!! Are you going to accept your seat?Just talked to Shawn Peters, and he informed me that I have been accepted to MSMU! 😀 😀
As of now, yes I am! I was waitlisted for WesternU, so if I get off the waitlist, I might reconsider due to financial reasons, but MSMU is definitely one of my top choices! I'm really excited 🙂 Are you set on MSMU, or waiting on other schools?Yay! Congratulations!!! Are you going to accept your seat?
Still waiting to hear back from a couple schools but I am pretty sure I will be attending MSMU!! 🙂As of now, yes I am! I was waitlisted for WesternU, so if I get off the waitlist, I might reconsider due to financial reasons, but MSMU is definitely one of my top choices! I'm really excited 🙂 Are you set on MSMU, or waiting on other schools?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still waiting to hear back from a couple schools but I am pretty sure I will be attending MSMU!! 🙂
Did you talk to shawn directly and he told you or did you receive an official email from msmu?
I talked to Shawn because I had a question, and he told me. I believe notification letters have been sent out by mail, so they should be arriving sometime soon!Did you talk to shawn directly and he told you or did you receive an official email from msmu?
Hello Everyone!! I saw that a lot of people are learning if they got accepted into the program or not already and I have yet to hear back. Does anyone know if they are still notifying the students or if I should send an email to admissions (if so does anyone have their email)?
Thanks!!! 🙂
Thanks!!! 🙂
Hello Everyone!! I saw that a lot of people are learning if they got accepted into the program or not already and I have yet to hear back. Does anyone know if they are still notifying the students or if I should send an email to admissions (if so does anyone have their email)?
Thanks!!! 🙂
They said they would notify everyone by the beginning of February! I would probably call admissions. I know they sent notifications via snail mail.
They said they would notify everyone by the beginning of February! I would probably call admissions. I know they sent notifications via snail mail.
Do you happen to know the contact person? I'm trying to look it up but I can't find it.
Thank you!
Hello Everyone!! I saw that a lot of people are learning if they got accepted into the program or not already and I have yet to hear back. Does anyone know if they are still notifying the students or if I should send an email to admissions (if so does anyone have their email)?
Thanks!!! 🙂
I also received an email from msmu saying that they would notify us by the beginning of February, but have not heard anything since. Let me know if you get any updates.
Hello,Yay! Congratulations!!! Are you going to accept your seat?
I have also been accepted to the MSMU DPT Class of 2018 since December. Just got on the forum because I was hoping to meet other students who had been accepted. I'm very excited to start!
Hello,
I have also been accepted to the MSMU DPT Class of 2018 since December. Just got on the forum because I was hoping to meet other students who had been accepted. I'm very excited to start!
Yay for classmates! 🙂 I'm excited, too! I wonder when someone will start a MSMU DPT c/o 2018 facebook group haha
Somebody should start it. I'm sure it will happen eventually. I saw on another thread that people from Loma Linda were starting a facebook page.Yay for classmates! 🙂 I'm excited, too! I wonder when someone will start a MSMU DPT c/o 2018 facebook group haha
Hello,
I have also been accepted to the MSMU DPT Class of 2018 since December. Just got on the forum because I was hoping to meet other students who had been accepted. I'm very excited to start!
Congrats on being accepted! Can't wait to start either! And I agree about the facebook page, Dr. Lowe sent us everyone's emails but a fb page is a must eventually
When did Dr. Lowe send the emails?Congrats on being accepted! Can't wait to start either! And I agree about the facebook page, Dr. Lowe sent us everyone's emails but a fb page is a must eventually
She sent welcome emails, which included everyone in our class' emailsWhen did Dr. Lowe send the emails?
Did the email go to the msmu emails? I can't access mine for some reason.She sent welcome emails, which included everyone in our class' emails
I saw on the list that some people's went to the msmu email, but mine went to my regular gmailDid the email go to the msmu emails? I can't access mine for some reason.
I contacted Dr Lowe and I finally received both emails. I'm glad I was able to catch this. Thank you!I saw on the list that some people's went to the msmu email, but mine went to my regular gmail
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was just notified that I am off the wait list and accepted!!! Looking forward to meeting you all!
Hello! I also received an acceptance in December and have been waiting for a facebook group to be created. I decided to make one however it appears that you need to be facebook friends with at least one person that you plan on adding to the group. I went through the email and tried to find a couple people on facebook based on their email addresses however I'm not sure if I succeeded. That being said, if any of you get a random facebook request from someone with the initials MP, that's me! So far I've only sent a friend request to a KC and SJ.Somebody should start it. I'm sure it will happen eventually. I saw on another thread that people from Loma Linda were starting a facebook page.
Just created the group! MSMU DPT Class Of 2018.Hello! I also received an acceptance in December and have been waiting for a facebook group to be created. I decided to make one however it appears that you need to be facebook friends with at least one person that you plan on adding to the group. I went through the email and tried to find a couple people on facebook based on their email addresses however I'm not sure if I succeeded. That being said, if any of you get a random facebook request from someone with the initials MP, that's me! So far I've only sent a friend request to a KC and SJ.