Movement of a waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruger3030

Not afraid to fly
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone out there knows how much a waitlist will move?
Will there only be about 10 people moved off or is there more movement like in the 30 range? Just wondering because I am on waitlists at three schools and they wont really tell me how many people they typically go through. I think they dont want to give a number and then not get there, of which I understand.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, it varies from year to year. Some years, schools take a lot of people off the waitlist, other years, very few. I was in the same position as you last year, 3 waitlists, no acceptances, but I lucked out because one of the schools wasn't able to accept as many people off the list as usual, so they rolled over an acceptance for Fall 2008. I had never heard of that before, but perhaps it's not uncommon?

Hang in there! Good luck :luck:

Honestly, it varies from year to year. Some years, schools take a lot of people off the waitlist, other years, very few. I was in the same position as you last year, 3 waitlists, no acceptances, but I lucked out because one of the schools wasn't able to accept as many people off the list as usual, so they rolled over an acceptance for Fall 2008. I had never heard of that before, but perhaps it's not uncommon?

TUCOM-CA does that. Now get out there and spread the words.

Members don't see this ad :)

Were you on a waitlist from '07 and they did an early acceptance?
I think Touro-NV also does that and I am on the waitlist there although I am not sure.:luck:

Were you on a waitlist from '07 and they did an early acceptance?
I think Touro-NV also does that and I am on the waitlist there although I am not sure.:luck:

Pretty much, but they called it a "rollover acceptance"