Movin' on up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

*Wing of Zock*

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay,

So now that I know I've matched, my wife and I decided to put apartment living behind us and buy a house. The problem is I am an absolute idiot when comes to making a purchase like this--I get nervous buying a box a Froot Loops.

Anybody got any links to sites that might help me out, or any advice at all??

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the Financial Aid forum on SDN. There are lots of helpful hints there. Remember that many banks/lenders allow residents to have $0 down/no PMI and minimal closing cost loans after you show them your signed contract.

It's important to know that you can also be APPROVED for a home loan before you actually have your contract in hand. You just need the contract to CLOSE on a house. See my thread on Gen Res for my lender info. I was approved for 140k on a 5/1 ARM 4.125% interest rate with a $350/mo car payment and FICO score of 760+.

Word of advice: clean off your credit cards. My wife and I put our car payment, electric, etc. on there every month and pay it off every month. Unfortunately, to the bank this looks like a floating balance that we are making minimum payments on - bad for the debt ratios.

C