moving expense

Started by rx1345
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rx1345

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does retail chain cover moving expenses? I am moving to another state for a job.
 
Ask them. Definitely save the receipts, because unreimbursed moving expenses are tax-deductible, and that includes mileage.
 
When was hired at my current job the moving expenses weren't offered but I asked and they gave me enough to cover it. Others were hired the same time as me and they didn't ask and they didn't get it. I think the right thing to do is ask expectantly and the worse they can do is say no. It won't be a negative even if they do say no.