Moving Forward

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WatashiSauce

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I’m currently on the waitlist at both schools I have applied at, so I am preparing to apply once again. Both medical schools that interviewed me liked my personal statement, so will I have to write an entirely new one or can I edit what I have right now so that it isn’t entirely the same? Should I do the same with my activities as well? Thanks for the help!
 
Hopefully, your waitlist will turn into an A. I was a reapplicant this cycle myself. Following advice from mentors, I rewrote everything including my PS, activity sections, most meaningful essays. I kept the details the same but tried to narrate a better story. I would say it worked well for me. It is also the prevailing advice on SDN to rewrite. I would say keep the old essays and descriptions for reference as well as later on it will help you answer secondary application essays.