Moving/License Transfer to Florida

Started by josh6718
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

josh6718

Pharmacist
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So after reading the Florida Board of Pharmacy license by endorsement requirements, I am a bit confused as to whether I would need to retake the NAPLEX. I graduated in 2012, never having my exam scores transferred to any other state.

My father-in-law (trying to help) called and said he spoke to someone from the Florida Board and insists that I only need to take the FL MPJE, and have my previous NAPLEX score transferred.

I was hoping someone who had experience might be able to clarify this for me?

"Obtain a passing score on the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination (MPJE) (Florida law exam). The MPJE exam is computerized and can be taken in your state. Exams are offered everyday of the year with the exception of holidays and Sundays. If you do not meet these requirements, you must apply by for licensure by examination. You will be required to take both the NAPLEX and the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination (MPJE) (law exam) when applying by examination unless your NAPLEX score was transferred to Florida within three (3) years of your exam date."
 
You are missing the part in the middle that says "If you do not meet these requirements, you must apply by for licensure by examination."

"these requirements" refers to the requirements for licensure by endorsement in the paragraphs above that section, which you probably do meet.