Moving to Richmond

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

my_quite

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering of anyone has any advise about what area in and around Richmond are nice and were to look for homes. I want to buy, if possible, and live in a safe neighborhood for kids. Thanks much!

my_quite

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering of anyone has any advise about what area in and around Richmond are nice and were to look for homes. I want to buy, if possible, and live in a safe neighborhood for kids. Thanks much!

my_quite

Henrico county.

Last edited:
Sounds like you might be looking at the West End. Nice area for families, great school district. Nice malls, dining options, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
hey im from richmond,
id say if you have a family move out in chesterfield area. its nice and safe. henrico.. i thought was a lil ghetto. but thats just my child hood memory of it. south side is cool too.
but id say chesterfield, genitio area.. not sure with what your use to thats more suburban. and you will have a lil drive. but not really that long

Thanks all for the info! I have been looking in Henrico and in chesterfield and will be sure to scope out the West End too. If you all have any recommendations on realtor/mortgage broker just pm me.