MPH during residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachana

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard that you can get your residency program to pay for you to do an MPH... is this at all true? Is there anyone who can speak to this from personal experience.... thanks!

Rachana

Members don't see this ad.

rachana said:
I have heard that you can get your residency program to pay for you to do an MPH... is this at all true? Is there anyone who can speak to this from personal experience.... thanks!

Rachana

Its very true,these are the combined IM/preventive medicine programs,you can look for them in FREIDA,these are 4 year integrated programs.
Infact at one program where I interviewed for prelim medicine,GRIFFIN Hospital,you get an MPH degree for Yale University and they pay for it.

Some places will. During the 2+ (required) research years at BWH, you can opt to go for an MPH or MBA instead of doing bench research. Those degrees are paid for.

I know someone doing that at UPenn.

Beginning this year, the EM program at Stonybrook allows you to do a MPH track and finish with a MPH in 3 years if you are interested.

Is there a stipulation that says you must work with that particular program for a specified number of years thereafter?

-Ice