mph+mha

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ipharmacist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everybody,

few days ago, i received my acceptance letter in master of public health (MPH) from college of medicine, and i just finished my master of hospital administration in 2012 from college of business administration.

i know they are completely different colleges but i would like to ask you about your feedback in this situation what will you do because i noticed that there are some duplication in the curriculum in both degrees.

thanx in advance,,,

Members don't see this ad.

hello everybody,

few days ago, i received my acceptance letter in master of public health (MPH) from college of medicine, and i just finished my master of hospital administration in 2012 from college of business administration.

i know they are completely different colleges but i would like to ask you about your feedback in this situation what will you do because i noticed that there are some duplication in the curriculum in both degrees.

thanx in advance,,,

I would start by getting real world job experience. There's a reason execs and stuff start working before they go back for their MBA's.

I would start by getting real world job experience. There's a reason execs and stuff start working before they go back for their MBA's.

:thumbup:
An MHA might be helpful if you only want to work in the hospital in the future. An MPH would be more useful for people who want to work in some epidemiological field (unfortunately, the place for pharmacists in this field is less clear right now). Still, getting work experience is helpful before getting a second degree...(unsure what work experience you currently have).

I was just wondering if any of you had some input on current, accredited online MHA programs? I am currently a pharmacy student and want to start my MHA so I will graduate with a dual degree. However, I am kind of weary about the online programs.

I have been contacted by a representative from Ohio University, not Ohio State, about their program and I am really interested. However, I would just like to see if anyone has comments, advice, information about either online programs, or this program in general.

Thanks!