MPJE WTF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Solutions to problems, such as methods to increase MPJE test scores, would help: not memes. If you have a solution to address the decrease, maybe we can talk privately.

Dont accept people that couldn't get accepted into massage therapy school into pharmacy programs?

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Solutions make things better, not memes. Try finding one and maybe we can talk.
These MPJE results are pathetic, do we have the Naplex results??

Those results are posted in the following thread. Just click on the link to direct you to the thread:

I had to laugh at the statement that unemployed academics would add to the saturation. Of what? Everyone knows that the only thing academics can succeed in is....wait for it.....ACADEMIA. The term "fish out of water" comes to mind in having them do anything else. I'm pretty sure all of the retail slaves are safe for now!

I had to laugh at the statement that unemployed academics would add to the saturation. Of what? Everyone knows that the only thing academics can succeed in is....wait for it.....ACADEMIA. The term "fish out of water" comes to mind in having them do anything else. I'm pretty sure all of the retail slaves are safe for now!

The way I understand it professors do get terminated. One was terminated at my school and forced to seek employment elsewhere. He was only there 4 years and is residency trained. Many other professors who won teaching awards leave academia to pursue other positions: clinical pharmacist, pharmaceutical industry, MSL, etcetera within times greater than 5 years in the position. The professor who was terminated is working in a pharmacist role but not in retail. Not everyone who works in academia stays in academia forever, except those that want to. Some pursue academia after a fellowship and 20 years in the community.

Even professors who do not want to be professors can work somewhere else after 5-10 years in academia. Many pharmacy professors (not preceptors), of course, are residency trained.

Therefore, what was said was untrue.

Last edited:
Therefore, what was said was untrue.

Once a professor is tenured it has always been said they are almost impossible to get rid of. Maybe that has changed, but it was always the excuse used for some of the worst professors I've encountered over the years ("oh, they're tenured and just don't care anymore...). Now granted, it's been some years since I have been in that environment as a student. I'd hope these people have been made more accountable. But I suspect based on some of these institutions' NABPLEX and MPJE scores nothing has changed at all.

I think what you might have meant was "is not always true". The better faculty can move on and do other things or are doing other things concurrently as they teach. It's pretty easy to spot the ones that don't, and they have always been plentiful at every school I've ever attended. Many career academics cannot survive outside the womb of academia or simply do not want to.

And the academics are not really competing with non academics for the most common pharmacy "grunt" jobs. They tend to gravitate towards more "elevated" positions like research, corporate boards, etc. Things that suit their level of "ego and pretention". LOL That was the original point. Newly "liberated" faculty are not going to affect the "surplus" in any significant way.....

Last edited: