Mr. Cruise needs a lesson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anasazi23 said:
Your questions are good and not uncommon. Religion can be a difficult area to deal with in psychiatry. What may be perfectly normal in one person's non-disordered beliefs may seem bizarre to us. To conservative Jews, for example, evangelical Baptist church sessions must seem awfully strange. This is just one example. I've had patients on the unit "witnessing" to the convex mirror since no one else would listen to their ramblings. One decent rule of thumb is to understand what is normal behavior for THAT patient, and act accordingly. If a normally very religious person escalates their behavior to the point that it interferes with their social functioning or that they cannot work or take care of themselves, it becomes a concern to the psychiatrist.

In the USA, you have every right to be bizarre, and even act bizarre, as long as it is not illegal or otherwise causing disturbance. Whether or not this is necessarily in the person's best mental health, however, is another matter. The DSM states that most disorders must cause clinically significant distress in the patient, or otherwise represent an change in function. The definition of bizarre, in turn, can be found with clinical experience. We all know bizarre folks, or people that are normal but may have a bizarre belief or habit. That doesn't necessarily make them delusional.

The DSM doesn't give in to popular opinion so much as it does scientific opinion. Although it may not always seem like it, the DSM is a diagnostic STATISTICAL manual. Except in cases such as homosexuality, there are supposed to be empirically validated constructs which are delineated for the disorders. Try reading "Research agenda for DSM V." It's interesting.

An example would be the proposed elimination of Borderline personality disorder from the DSM. I know how a borderline presents, and so does any other psychiatrist. When we say the term, we convey a lot of information without having to say a lot. There is a good chance this disorder will be eliminated from DSM V because women's groups feel it is degrading to what (is almost exclusively) a female pattern of neurotic and often intolerable behavior. The elimination of this particular disorder would likely come from political pressure and as you put it, popular (or not so popular) opinion.

The important thing to keep in mind is that with experience, you can get a feel for what the normal range of behaviors is for a patient, and when certain other symptoms arise either in that same patient or in another, your psychiatric bell goes off, alerting you to investigate further. Often this investigation in the form of the clinical interview and mental status, reveals deeper psychopathology that may have not been initially detected.

so essentially, the diagnosis rests in the doctors clinical opinion from experience and not on any conclusive tests?

Members don't see this ad.

espbeliever said:
so essentially, the diagnosis rests in the doctors clinical opinion from experience and not on any conclusive tests?
allow me to join in :)
essentially psych dx can be conceptualized as a biological dysfunction, bio+social d/o, purely social construct or an inherently indefinable concept(Roschian construct). So it can be confusing at times. :D
Having said that, kappa for all major psych dx mostly done in ER setting is between 0.4-0.8(reaching substantial level). Using SCID or other structured interviews it can reach higher. To put it in proper perspective various imaging techniques also have similar values. So the question of 'conclusive' tests depends on what gold std you are using.
Hope this helps.

Anasazi23 said:
An example would be the proposed elimination of Borderline personality disorder from the DSM. I know how a borderline presents, and so does any other psychiatrist. When we say the term, we convey a lot of information without having to say a lot. There is a good chance this disorder will be eliminated from DSM V because women's groups feel it is degrading to what (is almost exclusively) a female pattern of neurotic and often intolerable behavior. The elimination of this particular disorder would likely come from political pressure and as you put it, popular (or not so popular) opinion.

Here's betting that the elimination of the term does not reduce the number of ER visits by people suffering from the disorder.

Anyone want to guess as to what label we'll apply after that?

Members don't see this ad :)
elektra said:
I think Tom Cruise should stay in the field that he knows, he is a good enterteinner (no doubt about that) and Im sure this new movie with Steven Spielberg will be a hit but be a Movie Star dont make you a genious cathedratic of pysichiatry or anyother sepcialities in medicine.....Come on!!!!
The guy think that by only reading a few books and articles will make you a doctor is just crazy and IRRESPONSIBLE too because a lot of impressionable people could believe these things......

This goes for Mel Gibson as well. These entertainers think their publicity and income suddenly make them physicians. It just irks me when I see entertainers like Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise pretend they are scholars all of a sudden because they have read some articles.

I wonder if he chose this particular time to espouse the wonders of his alien-fearing religious philosophy because he happened to be making a movie about scary aliens.

Either way, I think it's ironic (in that cultish way) that he proclaims that people have the right to make decisions "based on information," yet his own organization is so strict about censoring materials with alternative viewpoints/ideas that contradict Scientology.

It's really sad. It must be said that this Hubbard guy, though schizophrenic, was a sociopathic genius. Look at the empire he built, capitalizing on the mental health issues and the fears of the general population...

It makes me want to vomit.

On a side note, did anyone see Tom on the Oprah show? He was acting really weird, pushing her into the couch a few times and what not :confused: .. pretty bizarre behavior

First I must state that I'm a huge Tom Cruise fan.

Does anyone know the reason that Scientology is against psychiatry? It would be nice to see their logic instead of these news reports.

And you can call them a cult and all that, but isn't EVERY religion a "cult"? They all have strange customs and beliefs (Hindu's believe cows are holy, Catholics drink the "blood" and "body" of Jesus Christ every mass). It's just that smaller religions are questioned simply because their not as popular. And now Cruise is being publicly crucified (just like Michael was) because he belongs to an uncommon religion (even before the psychiatry comments).

And as for that water gun thing, I think most people agreed that he handled it in a great way. If someone did that to you, would you just start laughing? If you're (assuming you are becoming an MD) consulting a patient and all of a sudden they squirt you with water, are you just gonna burst out laughing? And I bet a lot of people would've thrown a punch...

Peace.

PS: Anasazi I'm a huge X Phile too! When's that second movie coming out anyway?

Xian said:

Does anyone know the reason that Scientology is against psychiatry? It would be nice to see their logic instead of these news reports.

And you can call them a cult and all that, but isn't EVERY religion a "cult"? They all have strange customs and beliefs (Hindu's believe cows are holy, Catholics drink the "blood" and "body" of Jesus Christ every mass). It's just that smaller religions are questioned simply because their not as popular. And now Cruise is being publicly crucified (just like Michael was) because he belongs to an uncommon religion (even before the psychiatry comments).

And as for that water gun thing, I think most people agreed that he handled it in a great way. If someone did that to you, would you just start laughing? If you're (assuming you are becoming an MD) consulting a patient and all of a sudden they squirt you with water, are you just gonna burst out laughing? And I bet a lot of people would've thrown a punch...

Peace.

you think he handled it great by getting that guy arrested?

dood... yea i woulda laughed, and tried to grab it and shoot them, or get a bucket of water! hehe and yes ive been in a situation where i got that happend to me.

i think you are the type to always favor the underdog, so of course you would back him.

anyways... l8rs...

Xian said:

Peace.

There is a difference between a religion and a cult. If you look up defining characteristics of a cult, you will find that scientology falls under many of those characteristics. For example, anyone can witness and have access to Hindu and Christian services and rituals. You don't have to be a Hindu to walk into a Hindu temple and observe their service. If you ask for a copy of the Geeta from a Hindu priest and you tell him your a Christian, he will not deny your request. Likewise, a Hindu can walk into Catholic mass and observe on a Sunday without fear of being persecuted or thrown out. Scientology limits access to their "religion." You can't just enter a scientology building and ask to witness a service. You won't even allowed into the building in the first place. You need a "member" to vouch for you. This is all very cult-like.

I respect Cruise as an actor. I love watching his films but that doesn't change the fact I disagree with his views. It's no secret that Tom Cruise is homosexual particularly if you live in the Los Angelas area. And this isn't a recent development; this has been well known for nearly a decade a now. The media has known this for quite some time but out of respect to Tom Cruise (and his threat to sue anyone who accuses him of being homosexual), they have backed off. I can understand why Cruise would want to hide his homosexuality because it would destroy his career. However, he has gotten sloppy recently. Now his "auditioning" girlfriends has gotten out of hand. No one in their right mind believes he and Katie Holmes have a genuine romance. Cruise should have been more careful by selecting someone a little older and more seasoned as an actor. Even his romance with Penelope Cruz was more believable than his current relationship with Holmes. Until now, Tom Cruise was an unassailable character in Hollywood. Despite their knowledge of his homosexuality, the media was essentially handcuffed. However, now that the lay public is beginning to question Cruise's relationship, the media is jumping all over this opportunity by publicly questioning his relationship as well and trying to cause Cruise to become more careless in his defense.

I do feel bad for Cruise in a way. He is at the crossroads of his career. In the past, Cruise never discussed scientology for the purposes of remaining p.c. in the public's eye. Now that he has gotten older, he seems tired of trying to please everyone and isn't afraid to discuss his views. I think we will eventually see him disclose his sexuality and I certainly hope the public doesn't offer him a huge backlash at the time.

novacek88 said:
There is a difference between a religion and a cult. If you look up defining characteristics of a cult, you will find that scientology falls under many of those characteristics. For example, anyone can witness and have access to Hindu and Christian services and rituals. You don't have to be a Hindu to walk into a Hindu temple and observe their service. If you ask for a copy of the Geeta from a Hindu priest and you tell him your a Christian, he will not deny your request. Likewise, a Hindu can walk into Catholic mass and observe on a Sunday without fear of being persecuted or thrown out. Scientology limits access to their "religion." You can't just enter a scientology building and ask to witness a service. You won't even allowed into the building in the first place. You need a "member" to vouch for you. This is all very cult-like.

wow

how did u know that? you closet cultist you.... :laugh:

espbeliever said:
wow

how did u know that? you closet cultist you.... :laugh:

But I can't completely disagree with him. I think as certain relgions increase in members and become more mainstream, they sort of lose their cult-like persona. I can think of one Christian subsect that falls under this idea. But out of respect for those members, I won't list it's name. After all, I would suddenly hate to be involed in an "accident" if you know what I mean. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
espbeliever said:
you think he handled it great by getting that guy arrested?

dood... yea i woulda laughed, and tried to grab it and shoot them, or get a bucket of water! hehe and yes ive been in a situation where i got that happend to me.

i think you are the type to always favor the underdog, so of course you would back him.

anyways... l8rs...

So if you become a doctor and your patient says something like "Dr., what kind of vitamins should I take for my back?" And you respond, "Well, there are a few different kinds-" And all of a sudden they take out a water gun and shoot right at your eyes and face. Would you start laughing? Cruise was giving repetitive interviews on a red carpet and a guy asks him a question and then squirts him with water. Although you're right I would not have him arrested (but then again I'm not a huge superstar celebrity).

But yes I am for equality and favor the underdog, because I have a lot of compassion for those on the bottom. I'm not saying it's always good but I wouldn't change it if I could.

novasek88 said:
It's no secret that Tom Cruise is homosexual particularly if you live in the Los Angelas area. And this isn't a recent development; this has been well known for nearly a decade a now. The media has known this for quite some time but out of respect to Tom Cruise (and his threat to sue anyone who accuses him of being homosexual), they have backed off. I can understand why Cruise would want to hide his homosexuality because it would destroy his career. However, he has gotten sloppy recently. Now his "auditioning" girlfriends has gotten out of hand. No one in their right mind believes he and Katie Holmes have a genuine romance. Cruise should have been more careful by selecting someone a little older and more seasoned as an actor. Even his romance with Penelope Cruz was more believable than his current relationship with Holmes. Until now, Tom Cruise was an unassailable character in Hollywood. Despite their knowledge of his homosexuality, the media was essentially handcuffed. However, now that the lay public is beginning to question Cruise's relationship, the media is jumping all over this opportunity by publicly questioning his relationship as well and trying to cause Cruise to become more careless in his defense.

WTF do you have a source? The tabloids would eat him alive if there was any proof! They don't respect ****.

Peace.

novacek88 said:
But I can't completely disagree with him. I think as certain relgions increase in members and become more mainstream, they sort of lose their cult-like persona. I can think of one Christian subsect that falls under this idea. But out of respect for those members, I won't list it's name. After all, I would suddenly hate to be involed in an "accident" if you know what I mean. ;)

i have no idea :confused: the only "christain sect that even resembles what you said is mormons. is that what you mean?

Xian said:

They feel that all mental state abnormalities can be rectified by centering yourself through the removal of one's own "body thetans." As such, they don't need psychiatry. As stated in the wikipedia....."The "Hidden Truth" about the nature of the universe is taught to the most advanced Scientologists in a series of programs known as the Advanced Levels or Operating Thetan levels (eight in all), for which the initiate needs to be thoroughly prepared. These are the levels above "Clear," and their contents are held in strict confidence within Scientology. The highest level, OT VIII, is only disclosed at sea, on the Scientology cruise ship Freewinds. However, since being entered into evidence in several court cases beginning in the mid-1980s, synopses and excerpts of these secret teachings have appeared in innumerable publications.

In the OT levels, Hubbard describes a variety of traumas commonly experienced in past lives. He explains how to reverse the effects of such traumas by "running" various Scientology processes. Among these advanced teachings, one key episode that is revealed to those who reach OT level III has been widely remarked upon in the press: the story of Xenu, the galactic tyrant who stacked hundreds of billions of his frozen victims around Earth's volcanoes 75 million years ago before blowing them up with hydrogen bombs and brainwashing them with a "three-D, super colossal motion picture" for 36 days. The traumatised thetans subsequently clustered around human bodies, in effect acting as invisible spiritual parasites known as "Body Thetans" that can only be removed using advanced Scientology techniques."

Some more enlightenment:
"In Dianetics, Hubbard proposed that the cause of "aberrations" in the human mind was the accumulated unconscious memories of traumatic incidents and guilty feelings dating back, in some cases, to before the moment of birth. He extended this view further in Scientology, declaring that thetans have existed for tens of trillions of years. During that time, they have been exposed to vast numbers of traumatic incidents.

For instance, Hubbard claims that a previous state of existence as a wave-battered clam may produce a present-day inability to cry: "[the person] is about to be hit by a wave, has his eyes full of sand or is frightened about opening his shell because he may be hit" (Hubbard, A History of Man, 1952). On other occasions, traumas may have been deliberately inflicted in the form of "implants" used by mostly defunct extraterrestrial civilizations to brainwash and control thetans. These included such tortures as the Obscene Dog, "a sort of a brass dog in a sitting position and anybody who got around to the front of the dog got caught in some electronic current and passed through the dog to the dog's rear end and spat out" (Hubbard, "Assists," lecture of 3rd October 1968).

Scientology doctrine includes a wide variety of beliefs in extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in Earthly events, collectively described by Hubbard as "space opera". For a detailed overview, see Space opera in Scientology doctrine."

The rumors about the next x-files movie are as obscure as the show's conspiratorial nature itself. Here's one of many websites involving the x-files 2 rumor mill.

For those who might want to read some on L Ron Hubbard and scientology, I have a few suggestions.

For a pro Hubbard view try the scientology website at:
http://www.scientology.org/

For a critical view, I would recommend operation clambake at:
http://www.xenu.net/

And for a relatively neutral view with facts about Hubbard's life and links to other websites, try:
http://psychcentral.com/psypsych/L._Ron_Hubbard

I may be wrong, but I think that MOST average people will not have a positive view of scientology after reading the information in those three sites. (and I encourage people to read all three)

And I would like to add my opinion to the question of why scientology dislikes psychiatry so much, though I thought Anasazi's answer gave a good explanation previously. Personally, I think Hubbard demonized psychiatry for several reasons:
1) He was mentally ill himself and a sociopath and he lashed out at psychiatry as the discipline that labeled him as mentally ill.
2) Psychiatry and psychology criticized his theory of auditing as not being based on any evidence or held up to the scrutiny of testing.
3) Psychiatry competed with Hubbard and his auditing for patients and money. By demonizing psychiatry, he ensured that his followers would not find opportunities to heal from psychiatrists, and thus turn away from his auditing practices and teachings.

In the end, I think scientology demonizes psychiatry for two very powerful reasons. Ego, and greed.

Anasazi23 said:
The rumors about the next x-files movie are as obscure as the show's conspiratorial nature itself. Here's one of many websites involving the x-files 2 rumor mill.

Don't mean to get off topic but...don't you miss it? They told us the movie would be coming! What are they doing?
And do you have the DVD's? It's my favorite show ever but I only have the first 2 seasons-they're SO expensive.

And what would Mulder say about Scientology ? :D

I've got the first 6 seasons on DVD. You're right...they are expensive.

As far as Mulder goes, he'd more than likely see through the $cientology sham and see it as a thinly veiled attempt at appealing to those who are science-fiction minded, and willing to spend their money for it's cause (whatever that may be).

Let's keep pulling for the release of the next movie. Their original intention was to release one every couple of years - sort of like the Star Trek movies. Hopefully there's still a fan base large enough to support that.

Here's some more info on why $cientologists hate psychiatrists. We are the veritable devil of the religion. :smuggrin:

"The Tone Scale
Scientologists organize their personal relationships around the concept of the "Tone Scale"[4], devised by Hubbard in 1951, which classifies people according to their emotional outlook and worth to society. They aim to be at the top end of the scale at a tone level of 40.0, at which level they will have an ability to issue commands to any object that exists in "matter, energy, space and time". This is claimed to extend to being able to control the physical environment on Earth, even down to fine-grained molecular and atomic levels.

Toward the low end of the scale are what Hubbard calls "suppressive persons", those whose destructive actions can directly impede the progress of Scientology and individual Scientologists. The suppressive persons par excellence are said to be psychiatrists, for whom Hubbard had a special dislike. He claimed that they had been agents of repression for billions of years and were responsible for inventing pain and sex, both of which were "artificial wavelengths" on "exact frequencies that can be manufactured"."

Anasazi23 said:
He claimed that they had been agents of repression for billions of years and were responsible for inventing pain and sex, both of which were "artificial wavelengths" on "exact frequencies that can be manufactured"."

Hmmm. We invented sex? I can't say I'm sorry for that. I find it a little hard to believe though since psychiatrists haven't even been around that long. Then again, I guess I don't really "know" the history of psychiatry like Tom Cruise in his infinite wisdom. If only I could be as smart and successful as he is. Then maybe I could be a rich narcissist too.

meisteckhart said:
Hmmm. We invented sex? I can't say I'm sorry for that.
Echo.

We should start advertising that. I think people would like mental health providers much more if they knew we invented sex. I mean, who doesn't like sex?

(If you don't like sex, you are a freak, or have just had way too much bad sex in your life :smuggrin: )

InfiniteUni said:
(If you don't like sex, you are a freak, or have just had way too much bad sex in your life :smuggrin: )

dude, some people just have very low libidos, me being one of them. please enlighten me on why i'm such a "freak" for it. :rolleyes:

MDgonnabe said:
dude, some people just have very low libidos, me being one of them. please enlighten me on why i'm such a "freak" for it. :rolleyes:
Since when does a "very low libido" = "Not Liking Sex"? Doesn't "very low libido" = Not Pursuing Sex, rather than just not liking it?

My libido can ebb at times, but that doesn't mean I don't like sex when I get it during an "ebb".

Either way, you might want to get your "very low libido" investigated. For guys it can be due to a lack of testosterone or hormonal imbalance/side-effects from medications, among other things. The same for women. If your physiology/medications check-out, it could be purely psychological such as sexual/physical/emotional abuse as a child from parents, relatives, etc...

InfiniteUni said:
Since when does a "very low libido" = "Not Liking Sex"? Doesn't "very low libido" = Not Pursuing Sex, rather than just not liking it?

bah, semantics. a good number of people (usually women) have tried sex with multiple partners, often times of both sexes, and they simply don't like it. others don't even like the idea of sex and avoid it. i fall into the latter category. the end result is the same: neither group cares for sex. and to clarify, i'm perfectly healthy and haven't had any abuse/trauma. just because someone doesn't enjoy sex doesn't mean they're necessarily defective. the important thing is whether or not their situation upsets them in any way. if it does, then it's a problem. if it doesn't, who cares? no need to call people "freaks" about it.

for more info, look into the "asexual" communities online:

http://www.asexuality.org/home/

I was actually interested in the comment on psychiatrists inventing sex mostly because I am interested in understanding how it is that someone buys into a religion (or cult if you prefer) that preaches so many obviously bizarre and unreasonable ideas. Of course, I suppose that there have been other religions in history that have asserted similarly strange notions and have eventually become dominant forces in the world. The attraction to scientology, as in many religions, seems to be that it provides a set, unbending way of viewing the world to people that provides a measure of stability and comfort. Where it seems to differ to me is that scientology is completely closed off to the outside and even to members in lower levels of training. They profess that the meaning and understanding to be gained is for all people, but their actions say the exact opposite. They also do not tolerate outside criticism of their views. There is no apparent discourse on principles of scientology, either within the organization itself, or with others as part of a larger human experience. I am somewhat amazed that they have managed to put themselves in such a powerful position, though I can see how they historically managed to do so.

I was under the impression that nothing Cruise said re: psychiatry was actually too far off-base factually.

TomCruise.jpg

i'm not sure if the pic is showing up so here's the url:
picture of tom&katie

i tried to insert this as a pic but it won't work??? what happened to the pic icon?

Indeed, an Australian report stated that auditing involved a kind of command hypnosis that could lead to potentially damaging delusional dissociative states. Licensed psychotherapists have alleged that the Church's auditing sessions amount to mental health treatment without a license, but the Church vehemently disputes these allegations, and claims to have established in courts of law that its practice leads to spiritual relief. So, according to the Church, the psychotherapist treats mental health and the Church treats the spiritual being.

http://opera.answers.com/Scientology?

now it is apparent why scientologists are anti-psychiatry. i guess they see us as competition.

he needs to be shot repeatedly, sorry but his behavior and comments annoy the hell out of me, its people like him that help to add to the stigmatism of having a mental illness :mad:

TommyGunn04 said:
Did anyone see Katie Couric's subsequent interview? I think it was aired the day after that Tom Cruise and Matt Lauer fiasco. She interviewed a couple experts about psychiatry, and had them comment on Cruise's claims. I missed the beginning so I don't know who they were, but interestingly, they actually echoed some of Tom's statements, admitting that he was correct to say that no one has ever proved the existence of a "chemical imbalance." It was a bit comical, because Katie was obviously getting fired up, because she really wanted Cruise to be wrong, and these experts kept saying that he was correct in many senses. Regarding his comment that antidepressants mask the "real problems," the experts remarked that drugs like Ritalin are indeed overprescribed, and that in many cases medication really is NOT the best answer to ADD or depression. I strongly agree after having read Dr. Lawrence Diller's book, "Running on Ritalin."

I don't doubt that antidepressants and stimulants like Ritalin have helped many people, but I think what Cruise is referring to here is a greater cultural problem that leads to a tendency to over-rely on medications. America is a very much a "quick-fix" culture, where the pill-for-every-ill mentailty is so prevalent that patients are often unwilling to make important lifestyle changes that would enable us to better help them. It's true for hypertension and hyperlipidemia, and it's no less true for mental health. So I agree with Cruise that psychotropic drugs are very often simply cover-ups for something else, are simply band-aids that fail to address the underlying problems that so often precipitate depression and childhood hyperactivity, such as problems at home, failing marriages, stress, loneliness, retirement, chronic illness, etc. But everyone wants a "magic pill" that will make their cares go away, like my friend who takes Paxil because it makes him "feel better," in the absence of any diagnosed indication for the medicine. So much of this is completley ridiculous.

WITCH! KILL THE WI...er...i mean...SCIENTOLOGIST! KILL THE SCIENTOLOGIST! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!

Thats a joke right? Scientologists don't relaly believe that stuff do they? :scared: Thats a cult! yikes

What are your favorite parts of thier beliefs. I like when they get packaged into boxes. But, I also like the movie indoctrination of thetans. Especially since some were just making out with their 3D glasses on. Ha, that was awesome hurricane.

I like how we are infested with Thetans and need to be cleansed - what stupid arse is going to believe this crap? I've lost all respect for John Travolta - ever hear of coincidence buddy? COINCIDENCE?

What would you do with these people that have fixed/shared delusions- how do you get them to break it? I had a patient that believed he had to catch planet on its way by, etc, etc - but he needed extensive therapy (after attempting to kill himself in front of his kids) which was further than the scope I could even provide - what IS the approach for this int he long term?

Poety said:
What would you do with these people that have fixed/shared delusions- how do you get them to break it? I had a patient that believed he had to catch planet on its way by, etc, etc - but he needed extensive therapy (after attempting to kill himself in front of his kids) which was further than the scope I could even provide - what IS the approach for this int he long term?

Orally disintegrating Olanzapine

Delusions don't retreat much with therapy or antipsychotics, unfortunately, they just become less spontaneous. So with enough Olanzapine Mr. Travolta will stop accosting you on the street to discuss the thetans, but if you run into him at the grocery store and mention his stint on Welcome Back Kotter, he'll be certain to regale you with stories of how the thetans made that happen for him. You'll get really good at saying, "You know we disagree on this point, but if you keep talking about this belief with everyone on the street they'll start thinking you're crazy. You don't want that, do you?"

MBK2003

Damn that Xenu!

I hate that guy!

Where's Fox Mulder when you need him?!
:mad:

I say we get a map to his hiding place at the local Volvo dealer and take him down.