MS/neuro immunology career

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrideOrPanthers

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering what people with MS/neuroimmunology fellowship training end up doing once they finish fellowship. Is it mostly outpatient medicine? Is there opportunity for these folks outside of academic medicine? Do they clear 250k a year in most cases? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Outpatient mostly. Earn the same as their outpatient colleagues, likely see a bit of general neuro as well. Yes they do more than academics, especially at bigger groups where the subspecialty can be supported.

Reactions: 1 user
Some of the highest earning PP neurologists I've ever seen reported have been MS people, but that comes with rumors of shady relationships with drug companies, MD owned infusion centers, q3 month MRIs on MD owned scanners, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Some of the highest earning PP neurologists I've ever seen reported have been MS people, but that comes with rumors of shady relationships with drug companies, MD owned infusion centers, q3 month MRIs on MD owned scanners, etc.

Dude, second this. The WORST. They tell their patients victims that they are the only ones who are pure, who can really treat them. Then put them on copaxone or rituxan or something else that's a bit off, then give them IVIG every month. Other sign: use of Acthar gel, take no insurance.

If you get one of their patients, they either have a conversion disorder or are in wheelchairs.

FWIW, I see very little wrong with MS marketing. Headache now trumps MS anyway. How much do you think BioHaven pays Kardashion?

if you are in private practice with an infusion center and MRI machine, you can easily touch 500K mark.
220-250K is average in peripheral academic setting
120K-150K in bigger academic setting

if you are in private practice with an infusion center and MRI machine, you can easily touch 500K mark.
220-250K is average in peripheral academic setting
120K-150K in bigger academic setting
private but without all of these ancillary stuff?