MS or MAgr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopefuldogtor21

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the near future, I will be applying for vet school and am currently in my first semester of my masters program. When complete, I will have a masters of agriculture in poultry science. Looking to switch to an MS in poultry science next semester for the research experience, for applications does it matter if my masters is an MS or and MAgr? For application purposes I am just curious which may be better? Or if anyone has had this experience

Members don't see this ad.

Neither is better than the other for the purposes of application. Pick the one you want to do and would use if you never got into vet school.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with battie! It doesn't matter what your major is or your master's is in. You can be an Art Major or English major and go to vet school if you take the pre-reqs. My advice is to do something you are interested in. Better to spend your time doing something you actually want to learn about than feeling forced to do something. Also hopefully has the added benefit of you doing better in your coursework because you enjoy the subject more. I majored in something atypical from the usual pre-vet majors and it never was an issue when I was applying for vet school.