MS to DDS/DMD Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

debtist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Asking for a friend here (and no I'm not that friend, already in dental school lol): Other than USC's RDH/DDS and Western University of Health Science's MSMS program pathway, are there any other master's programs out there that helps and increases one's chances of getting into a dental program?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You might be a Pre-Dental student if/when ...

You might be a Pre-Dental student if/when ...

I'm a D1, lol. Seriously asking for a friend, though. :p

Although I might be a dental student when I constantly have nightmares about failing clinical exams and getting my ML or DL restorations right...... :/

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

Asking for a friend here (and no I'm not that friend, already in dental school lol): Other than USC's RDH/DDS and Western University of Health Science's MSMS program pathway, are there any other master's programs out there that helps and increases one's chances of getting into a dental program?

Thanks in advance!
BU - OHS
NYU - oral bio
Rutgers - MBS
Temple - postbacc (pretty much guaranteed acceptance upon completion with 20AA and 3.5 GPA)
VCU - CERT
Tufts - MBS

Reactions: 2 users
BU - OHS
NYU - oral bio
Rutgers - MBS
Temple - postbacc (pretty much guaranteed acceptance upon completion with 20AA and 3.5 GPA)
VCU - CERT
Tufts - MBS

Thank you so much! I'll relay this info to my friend. She's currently in pharm school and dreading it, so I'm helping her build up her app for dental.

I've heard Creighton also has a post bac program that's like 13 months and guarantees matriculation into their dental school

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you very much! I never did a master's program before dental school and I don't know much about them, but do you have to have a BS in Biology or something like that?

Thank you very much! I never did a master's program before dental school and I don't know much about them, but do you have to have a BS in Biology or something like that?

Not necessarily! Though a lot of them require the basic predental prereqs (i.e.: general bio, gen chem, orgo, physics, etc) in addition to a standardized test score be it GRE, DAT, or MCAT.

Another program one might consider is Barry University's smp. I went to Rutgers but I met a lot of students from Barry's program at my interviews. When you give your friend the list of potential programs out there, tell them to go with the one that will best meet their academic goals/preferences. I considered other factors like location, financial aid, program duration, etc