MS vs MBS programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hk64

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to ask your opinions on which program would be the best fit for preparing one to apply for dental schools next year?

NSU Biomedical Sciences Program
Barry Biomedical Sciences Program
Case Western Reserve University MS in Applied Anatomy Program

NSU is 1-year program and Barry and CWRU are 2-year programs.
Barry seems to be less expensive than other programs.

In CWRU curriculum, it may be harder to get A's because it is taught by medical school faculty and compete with some medical students.

Any opinions or suggestions will be very helpful!
Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am also considering NSU and Drexel Molecular science. I might be leaning towards Drexel

Hi, thank you for your answer. What are the reasons you are leaning more towards Drexel than NSU?

Members don't see this ad :)
The curriculum is more specialized. It is an interdisciplinary approach to biomedical sciences, the program is also in the medical school, I get credits for working in a related job or research. Also, with the NSU program, you need a particular overall gpa and mcat for guaranteed interview by December. Unfortunately, I have too many credit hours for my overall gpa to get to that point just after 1 semester. I have positive post bacc gpa though. I meet the min requirements for NOVA so I will be applying to the allopathic medical school regardless. Also, I do not want to retake my mcat but with NSU you are required to take a prep course. The NSU is great but I think it isn't exactly what I need at this point.

Thank you so much for sharing your idea.
I did not know that they require overall GPA and test scores for the guaranteed interview by December.
I have asked questions to NSU admissions office and if I get new information, I will let you know about it.
Good luck with all your preparation for the master's program! :)

Thank you so much for sharing your idea.
I did not know that they require overall GPA and test scores for the guaranteed interview by December.
I have asked questions to NSU admissions office and if I get new information, I will let you know about it.
Good luck with all your preparation for the master's program! :)
Thank you! Good luck with your research and endeavors.

Have not heard back from NSU about the questions.
But Good luck with your master's program and future endeavors!
Be safe and take care! :)