ms1 review books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunkists

im a fatty
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what the recommended ms1/ms2 review books? all i know of is brs. i'm a newb. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For biochem - I liked lippincott's illustrated review
Anatomy - HY
Histo - BRS/HY and Pretest
Embryo - HY
Physio - Physio (stars editiion) by costanza
Neuro - HY and some book called 28 case studies in neuroscience?

Path - Path secrets; As much as I love Goljan and his work, I find that path secretes prepares me better than goljan does. I think goljan is better for boards rather than class.
Micro - MRS (use HY too b/c she teaches us)
Pharm - Baby Katzung, a bit more complete and has a few less errors than lippincotts. Although a lot of the schematics are great in lippincott.
BS-science - I liked the HY more than BRS (but I like the HY series more than the BRS series though)

generally, BRS and HY are about the same. Just the BRS tends to be thicker and contain a bit more material.

I'd get lippincott's biochem and pharm. BRS physiology and path. Clinical micro made ridiculously simple. High yield anatomy. I think those were the only review books I used during the courses.

KyGrlDr2B said:
I'd get lippincott's biochem and pharm. BRS physiology and path. Clinical micro made ridiculously simple. High yield anatomy. I think those were the only review books I used during the courses.

Ditto, except I don't think Lippencotts Pharm is necesary. For the boards, we only had to know what was in first aid. I's also add in checking out high yield embryo from the library.