MS3 Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathologyDO

MS-3
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its about time I make the jump to the clinical clerkship forums!!

So I'm interested in knowing what the best resources are for studying during MS3 including for both shelf exams and general knowledge. I see that people have mentioned UWorld as being a resource, but is that really the only thing you need? Does anyone use Firecracker as an MS3? REally just looking for some good suggestions so that I can be prepared for these last two years.

P.S. I am also really lacking in my physical exam skills.. recommendation for that?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
well,i think so,this looks like an incredibly useful outline, thanks!
cFUx4f

the best resources are the ones that you will actually read. Seriously, just committing to read a single resource for one hour/night + questions from some qbank will get you pretty far.

Wanting to pass shelfs? Check. Deficient in clinical skills? Check. Honestly, you are right where you need to be going into third year. ;) But seriously, the suggestions hear have been good. For shelf exams.

the best resources are the ones that you will actually read. Seriously, just committing to read a single resource for one hour/night + questions from some qbank will get you pretty far.

^^^^^ This. Probably the truest thing. The Benwhite.com page covers what I consider to be some of the highest yield material. Blueprints for pediatrics was actually awesome, in my opinion, and I did my highest on that shelf. Blueprints in general is very, very good. The problem is length. They're way too long for most other clerkships, IMHO.

In regards to clinical skills. Go see every admission you can with a resident for the first couple weeks. Especially if you are starting on primary care rotation. They [usually] demonstrate a good flow and the categories of the physical exam (head to toe, cardiac, lung, abdomen, GU, etc). I find that many residents lack good exam technique, but this is mainly due to time restraints.

For proper technique, this guide basically has it all. It's one of the best free online guides out there. https://meded.ucsd.edu/clinicalmed/

Reactions: 1 users