boogiecousins94

2+ Year Member
May 16, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I'm not sure if I'm just dumb and didn't realize this, but did anyone else realize on MSAR that all the applications shown on that IS and OOS table is just primary applications? It doesn't take into account people who don't pass a screen or don't fill out a secondary, so the "applicant" number is actually higher than the real "net" number of applicants.

Am I dumb for not knowing this? I always thought if a school had 6000 apps listed then it meant 6000 completed apps arrived at the school including primary secondary etc, but assuming some people don't fill out a secondary or get screened out that number is actually lower

gonnif

Only 342 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Its verified primary apps.

md-2020

The Immaculate Catch
2+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Wait thats what I thought too. It counts an app even of someone doesn't complete the secondary/pay the secondary fee or withdraws before a decision?

I knew that pre secondary screens were included though.

About the Ads

Carmiche

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Wait thats what I thought too. It counts an app even of someone doesn't complete the secondary/pay the secondary fee or withdraws before a decision?

I knew that pre secondary screens were included though.
I always thought it was complete secondary as well.

Well now I wonder what the secondary attrition rates for each school are..... What are the REAL chances of an II...? Hmm

gonnif

Only 342 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Verified applications refers solely to the AMCAS primary application. Verification is a specific process for the primary only. Schools could report completed/reviewed/decided apps but none of those would be referred to as verified.

As for the hopeful on what is actually conpleted, average matriculant applied to 14-15 schools and completed 13-14 secondaries. There is no data that would suggest non-accepted complete secondaries at less of a rate.

About the Ads