MSAR Verified Apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boogiecousins94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm just dumb and didn't realize this, but did anyone else realize on MSAR that all the applications shown on that IS and OOS table is just primary applications? It doesn't take into account people who don't pass a screen or don't fill out a secondary, so the "applicant" number is actually higher than the real "net" number of applicants.

Am I dumb for not knowing this? I always thought if a school had 6000 apps listed then it meant 6000 completed apps arrived at the school including primary secondary etc, but assuming some people don't fill out a secondary or get screened out that number is actually lower

Members don't see this ad.

Wait thats what I thought too. It counts an app even of someone doesn't complete the secondary/pay the secondary fee or withdraws before a decision?

I knew that pre secondary screens were included though.

Wait thats what I thought too. It counts an app even of someone doesn't complete the secondary/pay the secondary fee or withdraws before a decision?

I knew that pre secondary screens were included though.

I always thought it was complete secondary as well.

Well now I wonder what the secondary attrition rates for each school are..... What are the REAL chances of an II...? Hmm