Nov 10, 2010
Status
DPT / OTD
Has anybody heard from MSMC yet?
I submitted my PTCAS application on 10/1
and has not heard anything from MSMC yet.

Is MSMC a reputable school or does it not matter to get a job after you graduate?:confused:
since it is such a small school, I am worried if it might be hard for the MSMC students to find an internship position since
there will be tons of DPT students from USC waiting to fill in the spots!

I have also applied to Chapman and
my GRE score for writing is only 3.0!
yes,I am foreign and my English isn't all that great!
I have spoken to the admission lady and she told me
since my writing score does not meet the minimum requirement,
they are not even going to look at my application....
:(:(:(

MSMC and Chapman are the my top 2 choices though!
Do you think I still have a chance for Chapman?maybe getting on the waitlist like very last minute?

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2010
California
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I went to the Chapman information session and they told me they only look at the stats. no letter of recommendations and no essays because they said that the LORs are always going to be written in a positive light about you and the essays you pretty much brag about yourself or you can pay someone to write it. I didn't like that mentality that they had for that aspect but I think they still encouraged the people that meets their minimum to apply (like me). I like their program though despite the things I just said. Since you said you got a 3 on the writing, maybe you can brush up on the writing portion and make yourself a template and take the GREs again?

I applied to MTMS too and I haven't heard back from them yet other than to attend their information session. I'm not sure if they do interviews. Reputation does not matter too much its what you make out of your program. Some schools are not ranked or choose to not be part of the rankings and are excellent programs.

I'm in the same boat as you pretty much in terms of GRE scores but maybe you have the high GPA to balance it out? (I have 3.0 so I'm banking to do well on the GREs)

OP
K
Nov 10, 2010
Status
DPT / OTD
thanks taurusgrl326!
from what I know MSMC does not have interviews.

My GPA isn't all that great(3.13 for prereqs and 3.25 overall)
and the last day I can retake the GRE is Nov 20th for Chapman and
I really don't think I can bring up my writing score by that day=(

I was at the Chapman info session 2 weeks ago or so.
I really liked what they said about their program...
and I also liked the fact that the passing rate for the board exam is higher than the national avg...I can't remember the exact number but their first time passing rate for board exam was 96% or something...which is pretty high!

anyway, thanks again for replying!;-)

Sep 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Hey guys!

was just reading your posts about these two schools, katykat is there a reason why you submitted your app for MSMC so early? I thought the deadline was December 1st.

OP
K
Nov 10, 2010
Status
DPT / OTD
Hi,KinDPT14!

Yes, the deadline for MSMC is Decmber 1st
but I've heard from somewhere that the earlier you apply to MSMC,
the better chance you get!

Sep 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I am pretty sure that PTCAs will not send out your application to MSMC until dec 1st. That is the first application deadline (i.e. the earliest you can send it in) and then there are rolling admissions from that date. That might be a reason why you have not heard back from them. If you sent your application in on Oct. 1st it wont be sent to the school until dec 1st

I saw this thread and started freaking out thinking that i miss the deadline so i went and researched. lol

:)

Jul 28, 2010
Status
This is from the GRE website - you might want to give it a try

ScoreItNow!™ Online Writing Practice (US$13 for two essay submissions) — Assists GRE test takers in preparing for the Analytical Writing section of the GRE General Test. Users can compose and submit essay responses online for scoring, receive immediate scores on their responses to GRE Analytical Writing tasks, review sample responses and general suggestions for improving their essay-writing skills and more.

here is another site to help with essays:
http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/gre/chapter11.rhtml
the pull down menu has a lesson for each essay

I took a kaplan class, so I don't know if either of these help, but I know others who have used them

Good luck

Sep 16, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I am pretty sure that PTCAs will not send out your application to MSMC until dec 1st. That is the first application deadline (i.e. the earliest you can send it in) and then there are rolling admissions from that date. That might be a reason why you have not heard back from them. If you sent your application in on Oct. 1st it wont be sent to the school until dec 1st

I saw this thread and started freaking out thinking that i miss the deadline so i went and researched. lol

:)
I actually think when you submit your application schools will receive it. It's actually better to submit early and before the actual deadline.

pttrac

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Status
DPT / OTD
Here are some facts from someone who's been there. Hope this helps.

- Chapman and MSMC are both good programs. You will not have any issues getting clinical experience/rotations if you go to either school. There are plenty of spots for everyone regardless of other programs.

- Submitting the application early is better than later. I submitted mine way early when I applied last year and was in the first batch of interviews because of this.

- MSMC does have interviews and you can choose to do them by phone

- Chapman will not look at your application if you don't meet the minimum requirements. The waitlist will be a mile long.

OP
K
Nov 10, 2010
Status
DPT / OTD
Hi,PSU17!

wow!
Thank you so much for your post!
I might actually give it a try!!
Thank you!
Good luck to you too=D

OP
K
Nov 10, 2010
Status
DPT / OTD
Hi,pttrac!

It is really good to hear that both MSMC and Chapman have good programs!
I've been to both schools for their info session and fell in love with both schools!
I especially liked MSMC since I live only 15 minutes away from their campus!
Thank you so much for your reply how ever can I ask you more questions?

-I submitted my PTCAS on 10/1,so would I able to hear from them before Christmas?

-I went to MSMC's info session in like May or so and I think they told me that there won't be an interview...I believe you go to MSMC now since you know about the interview?or had an interview with them before??

THANK YOU=D

Mar 1, 2010
Status
i got into chapman with a 3.0 on my writing. also, i submitted my scores after the deadline because it took a while for the testing center to mail my score. i feel that as long as you have great stats in all the other categories, you have a good chance of getting in. so don't feel discouraged, do your best and hope for the best. one of my fellow classmates was on the waiting list and got in a week before our orientation.

benchmadebali

PT, DPT
Feb 26, 2010
Culver City, CA
Status
Rehab Sci Student
Only three programs in the entire country gave me the time of day:

-St. Augustine
-Miami
-MSMC

Currently in my 2nd semester as a DPT I @ MSMC, I love it! :D

MountStMarysDPT

MountSt.Mary'sDPT
May 18, 2012
Status
DPT / OTD
Great to hear! I'm starting my DPT at MSMC in August! Very excited, as I'm moving to LA from living in Ohio all my life! :)

Sep 28, 2012
Santa Monica, CA
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I'm glad to hear that MSMC has a good reputation!
I just got accepted there with the ED and will start next summer...can't wait!
I also live 15 min away from the campus, that's one of the reasons MSMC was my #1 choice... :)