whoopsidaisy

2+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Hi SDN,

It is how it is and I cannot do anything about it at this point... It looks like the earliest possible date for my school to upload the MSPE is some time next week and even then it will take a few days for ERAS to process and release it. It is likely going to miss the Oct 1 release date for MSPEs.

I'm in an already worse position being an IMG - but I was wondering how "late" is too late for my medical school to upload the MSPE for my application not to be thrown in the trash? Applying to IM...

Thank you for your input!

Entadus

Happy on 5-HT
10+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2008
California
Status
Resident [Any Field]
edited

AdmiralChz

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2008
Mid-Atlantic
Status
Attending Physician
Hi SDN,

It is how it is and I cannot do anything about it at this point... It looks like the earliest possible date for my school to upload the MSPE is some time next week and even then it will take a few days for ERAS to process and release it. It is likely going to miss the Oct 1 release date for MSPEs.

I'm in an already worse position being an IMG - but I was wondering how "late" is too late for my medical school to upload the MSPE for my application not to be thrown in the trash? Applying to IM...

Thank you for your input!
It's a bummer but not much you can do about it, sounds like. Honestly the MSPE isn't terribly useful as it just rehashes your comments you got on your med school rotations (and usually only the positive comments).

About the Ads
OP
W

whoopsidaisy

2+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Are PDs going to see updated applications later than Oct 1 and bother to take a closer look?

mvenus929

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Are PDs going to see updated applications later than Oct 1 and bother to take a closer look?
Some PDs don't even start looking at applications until Oct 1. Some look, and then look at the MSPE to see if there are any red flags prior to offering an interview. It varies widely depending on the field.

Reactions: SlyWalker
About the Ads