MSPE shows course percentages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

punchout34334690

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I go to a DO school that is supposedly pass/fail but I have also learned that my school will put what my overall percentage in all my pre-clerkship courses as well as the class average overall onto my MPSE. I am wondering if this is normal at other medical schools, and how much my course percentages will impact my residency application?
 
My school puts all of our overall percentages (and class averages) for both pre-clinical and clinical courses on our MSPEs, but we're also graded. I'm not sure how typical that is for pass/fail schools. Clinical grades > pre-clinical grades, but boards (particularly Step/Level 2) are still king.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Typically the preclinical grades matter alot less overall and have lower weight in your MSPE. Clinical clerkship grades matter way more per NRMP conducted PD surveys. Do the best you can but dont stress too much about it !