MSSM today??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TracksuitsRock

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any early cycle MSSM interviewees thinking/hoping we will hear from Mount Sinai today?
I really hope so!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

What is considered early cycle for MSSM? When did you interview? Anyone know how they notify? Also, I remember during the interview, they encouraged people to send them letters of intent, did anyone do that? (i didn't because I'm not yet sure what my first choice is)

i'm waiting too . . i emailed kelliann last week, and she said i would be hearing from them "shortly" . . are we expecting an email or a letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
CADreaming06 said:
i'm waiting too . . i emailed kelliann last week, and she said i would be hearing from them "shortly" . . are we expecting an email or a letter?

I called the admissions office yesterday. They said that decisions would be rendered via email...

NYMed said:
What is considered early cycle for MSSM? When did you interview? Anyone know how they notify? Also, I remember during the interview, they encouraged people to send them letters of intent, did anyone do that? (i didn't because I'm not yet sure what my first choice is)

I don't really know what early cycle boundaries would be but I interviewed during the first week of interviews (Oct 10-14) so I assume our decisions would come out soon...and their website says their earliest notification date is 11/15. I didn't send a letter of intent either. It makes me nervous that they encourage us to, seems like they count for a lot, but I just didn't want to lie bc I don't know what my first choice is either.

So if I haven't been given an interview invite from MSSM yet, do I still have a shot? I didn't realize there were early and late interview cycles at that school. Is it possible I'm in the "late" interview cycle? Man, I'd send them a letter of intent ANY day!

MDCali said:
So if I haven't been given an interview invite from MSSM yet, do I still have a shot? I didn't realize there were early and late interview cycles at that school. Is it possible I'm in the "late" interview cycle? Man, I'd send them a letter of intent ANY day!

NOooooo I just made up those terms. I just meant interviewing early on in the process. Don't worry!!!!!

Oh and one more thing, has anyone been rejected to MSSM yet?

I remember hearing that acceptance and wait-list are by email, but rejection is snail mail. Recently I've just been assuming that not hearing anything was bad news since snail mail takes longer. I feel a little better now.

sleep_addict said:
I remember hearing that acceptance and wait-list are by email, but rejection is snail mail. Recently I've just been assuming that not hearing anything was bad news since snail mail takes longer. I feel a little better now.

Actually, I heard that too. They told us that acceptances were going to be by email and everything else by snail mail. But then she got thoughtful and said that maybe they should change that. So I don't know...

NYMed said:

What? Are you serious? When did you interview? I don't remember them saying anything about letters of intent, but I was half-asleep that day...

funshine said:
What? Are you serious? When did you interview? I don't remember them saying anything about letters of intent, but I was half-asleep that day...

I interviewed on October 21st. They said on numerous occasions that if after your interview you realize that MSSM is your first choice, you should send them a letter telling them that as soon as possible because they look at those letters very seriously.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance email today...Good luck to everyone else.

BigMAC said:
Got my acceptance email today...Good luck to everyone else.

Congrats!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for one of my own.

greendot said:
Congrats!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for one of my own.

i'm going crazy checking my email now.

spoon said:
i'm going crazy checking my email now.

Yeah, me too ... this is pretty anxiety-provoking!! Please, please, please ....

greendot said:
Yeah, me too ... this is pretty anxiety-provoking!! Please, please, please ....

i wonder if the first acceptances were sent out in one batch in that email that bigmac got. maybe i was passed up. or maybe i am being neurotic because sdn is seeping into my brain.

spoon said:
i wonder if the first acceptances were sent out in one batch in that email that bigmac got. maybe i was passed up. or maybe i am being neurotic because sdn is seeping into my brain.

That's funny ... you ARE neurotic ... haha ...

Just joking ... I was wondering the exact thing from the moment bigmac posted.

greendot said:
That's funny ... you ARE neurotic ... haha ...

Just joking ... I was wondering the exact thing from the moment bigmac posted.

So when did you guys interview? And did any of you send a letter of intent?

MDDM said:

i interviewed during the first week of interviews. i didn't send a letter of intent because I just don't know what my first choice is. i hate that schools are so hell-bent on those. but i definitely understand why. :-( ahh i want to get in! i love it there.

spoon said:
i interviewed during the first week of interviews. i didn't send a letter of intent because I just don't know what my first choice is. i hate that schools are so hell-bent on those. but i definitely understand why. :-( ahh i want to get in! i love it there.

Nonetheless... the fact that you interviewed during the first week of interviews means THEY have an intent of having you :)

MDDM said:

I interviewed on the first day I think (10/11) and did not send a letter of intent either.

greendot said:
I interviewed on the first day I think (10/11) and did not send a letter of intent either.

Did BigMac send one?

MDDM said:
Nonetheless... the fact that you interviewed during the first week of interviews means THEY have an intent of having you :)

lol...i think it was a combination of being a good candidate but more importantly getting my application in fairly early...but my interviews were weird so maybe i bombed them. i don';t know if bigmac sent a letter...i wonder...

I did not send a letter of intent. I interviewed with Ms. Bailey, the director of admissions, so I sent her a thank you email, but in no way did I indicate that Mt. Sinai was my top choice. So, for those that did not send a letter of intent, I would not worry. Good luck to everyone.

At my interview my interviewer asked if I had already been accepted and where. I told her just because I didn't want to lie but I was very uncomfortable with that question. Hope they didn't hold that against me.

hey all. i got an acceptance via e-mail from Kelli Bailey yesterday. I interviewed on the 26th.

I did not send a letter of intent, I hadn't even gotten around to sending thank you notes.

Good luck!

i interviewed on the very first day, so it can't be a good sign that i haven't heard.

badlydrawnvik said:
i interviewed on the very first day, so it can't be a good sign that i haven't heard.

Hey badlydrawnvik, I guess I was there with you. I just received the acceptance email from Kelli about 30 minutes ago, and it was personalized so they are definitely not sending them out in large groups. Don't lose hope ... good luck to you all, and maybe I'll see you there next year!!!

badlydrawnvik said:

I know this is gonna sound a bit weird, but do you guys generally get the acceptance email with a morning time stamp, afternoon, or what? I've been checking my email all day long since the 15th and I need to find a reason to stop that :laugh:

greendot said:
Hey badlydrawnvik, I guess I was there with you. I just received the acceptance email from Kelli about 30 minutes ago, and it was personalized so they are definitely not sending them out in large groups. Don't lose hope ... good luck to you all, and maybe I'll see you there next year!!!

CONGRATS greendot!! WOW... your post answered me before I asked the question. Very cool. I guess what all this says is that notification is going on in a haphazard manner independent of when our interviews were...

greendot said:

Wowowowow this gives me hope! And more justification to keep obsessively checking email. Congrats! Are you definitely going there?

And it also says that I still need to check my email all day long...lol... man I'd give half my life to go to Sinai.

lol... I'm getting all those crazy thoughts... Do you guys, who got an acceptance email, have last names in the beginning or end of the alphabet!? I'm trying to figure out how they're doing things... lol... :idea:

Just got the acceptance email. I interviewed late October and my last name starts with F in case anyone wants to know.

TracksuitsRock said:
Wowowowow this gives me hope! And more justification to keep obsessively checking email. Congrats! Are you definitely going there?

I'm not positive ... I also interviewed at Columbia, but won't hear from them until March. However, Mt. Sinai is right at the top of my list, so it is very likely that I'll be there next year.

My last name starts with an "M." Sinai is in my top two, and barring a miracle acceptance at Yale, I will be attending next year.

Wow, I'm getting SUPER nervous now. I have other acceptances, but MSSM is WAY above them on my list. My interview day started out pretty badly (I was late), but my actual interviews I thought went really well, so I left pretty confident at my chances (my GPA and MCAT are right up there with their averages). I did not send a letter of intent (since I'm not sure if it's my TOP choice, although it's def up there in the top 3). But now people who have interviewed after me have gotten acceptances emails already (I was in the second week of interviews), so I'm assuming my file has been passed over :( But I'm still checking my email like crazy, but I think it's false hope at this point. Which is really sad cause I did like Sinai a lot :(

NYMed said:
Wow, I'm getting SUPER nervous now. I have other acceptances, but MSSM is WAY above them on my list. My interview day started out pretty badly (I was late), but my actual interviews I thought went really well, so I left pretty confident at my chances (my GPA and MCAT are right up there with their averages). I did not send a letter of intent (since I'm not sure if it's my TOP choice, although it's def up there in the top 3). But now people who have interviewed after me have gotten acceptances emails already (I was in the second week of interviews), so I'm assuming my file has been passed over :( But I'm still checking my email like crazy, but I think it's false hope at this point. Which is really sad cause I did like Sinai a lot :(

I would try not to be nervous until the end of the day tomorrow (this is what I'm telling myself at least). I figure if somebody got an email yesterday, and they have been trickling in today, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern as to who gets it before who, maybe she is just sitting there with a pile of files and going through the stack writing emails.

And of course our files are on the bottom so we WILL get the acceptance, just a little later... :thumbup: I am rooting for you!

TracksuitsRock said:
I would try not to be nervous until the end of the day tomorrow (this is what I'm telling myself at least). I figure if somebody got an email yesterday, and they have been trickling in today, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern as to who gets it before who, maybe she is just sitting there with a pile of files and going through the stack writing emails.

And of course our files are on the bottom so we WILL get the acceptance, just a little later... :thumbup: I am rooting for you!

Thanks, that's sweet :) I guess it's true what they say, hope dies last. I hope you are right for both of our sakes (and the sakes of all those other applicants compulsively checking their emails and biting their nails instead of doing their work...hmm, I think I'll go get a manicure during lunch break to make myself feel better and prevent further damage to my nails).

greendot said:

Hey Greendot, yes I think we rode the subway together from Mt. Sinai if I remember correctly. Congratulations on the acceptance!

NYMed said:
Thanks, that's sweet :) I guess it's true what they say, hope dies last. I hope you are right for both of our sakes (and the sakes of all those other applicants compulsively checking their emails and biting their nails instead of doing their work...hmm, I think I'll go get a manicure during lunch break to make myself feel better and prevent further damage to my nails).

BTW, I am doing a miserable job of following my own advice. All I have been doing all afternoon is checking my email, and now I just feel I was passed over. I hate it when schools send email for acceptance and regular mail for everything else! I would rather just know.

TracksuitsRock said:
BTW, I am doing a miserable job of following my own advice. All I have been doing all afternoon is checking my email, and now I just feel I was passed over. I hate it when schools send email for acceptance and regular mail for everything else! I would rather just know.

Didn't they start emailing yesterday or the day before? Who says today is the only day for acceptances. Maybe you'll get yours tomorrow. All the best!

TracksuitsRock said:

I know exactly how that feels. But you gotta keep in mind that people who interviewed on the very first day (10/11) got emails AFTER people who interviewed much later. So there is an element of random notification. But I gotta say that I have been checking my email ad nauseum since the 15th. +pissed+

Compulsive email checker right here as well!

just heard the good word 2 hours ago.
hang in there team.
anyone with mssm as top choice and has been accepted?

From all the feedback I read so far I have the following picture in my head: Ms. Kelliann Bailey, the Director of Admissions, has a pile of acceptances on her desk. Since the letters of acceptance have been personal according to one account, I would hypothesize that she picks up a file, reads some info about the accepted applicant, and then sends a personalized acceptance. If this is the case, I would presume that it would take a good amount of time to get acceptances, since they are not all e-mailed in one mass e-mail to everyone. Also, Ms. Bailey is only human, and I would imagine that she takes breaks and has other work to do. Last but not least, I hope we're all somewhere in that pile :cool:

MDDM said:
From all the feedback I read so far I have the following picture in my head: Ms. Kelliann Baily, the Director of Admissions, has a pile of acceptances on her desk. Since the letters of acceptance have been personal according to one account, I would hypothesize that she picks up a file, reads some info about the accepted applicant, and then sends a personalized acceptance. If this is the case, I would presume that it would take a good amount of time to get acceptances, since they are not all e-mailed in one mass e-mail to everyone. Also, Ms. Bailey is only human, and I would imagine that she takes breaks and has other work to do. Last but not least, I hope we're all somewhere in that pile :cool:

That sounds about right to me ... g'luck all.

Hey guys. I just got the email acceptance from Kelli. :D I got it at 6:20 pm so apparently they are random and they are personalized. I interviewed on Nov. 2nd. Good luck to you all!!!