MSU-CHM Adcom meets tonight?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, the dean calls you to let you know their decision after they are done discussing your application?

Anybody waiting for the call?!

Members don't see this ad.

oh jesus! i did not know this. i'm going to have to go out to my car in the cold (okay, it's not that cold; i'm such a *****) and plug in my phone so that it does not run out of batteries. yeah, i suck at life, and for the temporary phone i have right now i only have a car charger. anyway, i'd rather not have my batteries die on that call. how did you know they were meeting tonight? i was not aware of this.

LauraMac said:
oh jesus! i did not know this. i'm going to have to go out to my car in the cold (okay, it's not that cold; i'm such a *****) and plug in my phone so that it does not run out of batteries. yeah, i suck at life, and for the temporary phone i have right now i only have a car charger. anyway, i'd rather not have my batteries die on that call. how did you know they were meeting tonight? i was not aware of this.

I was told this at my interview and then I later confirmed the date by email. However, at my interview a student who works in the admissions office said that they might not get to everyone tonight, so don't be alarmed if you don't get a call. If I don't hear anything tonight, I think I will email them and ask them what is up and when they will be meeting again. But, in general I was told they meet on most Tuesday nights (but not last Tuesday for some reason).

I am on pins and needles... I havent gotten anything done! I just keep hitting refresh on the status page!

Members don't see this ad :)
fun8stuff said:
I was told this at my interview and then I later confirmed the date by email. However, at my interview a student who works in the admissions office said that they might not get to everyone tonight, so don't be alarmed if you don't get a call. If I don't hear anything tonight, I think I will email them and ask them what is up and when they will be meeting again. But, in general I was told they meet on most Tuesday nights (but not last Tuesday for some reason).

I am on pins and needles... I havent gotten anything done! I just keep hitting refresh on the status page!

haha, well i will have to join you in hitting refresh over and over. :p

yup, nothing. when do you think they will update the status page, before or after calling? or not til like tomorrow or something?

LauraMac said:
yup, nothing. when do you think they will update the status page, before or after calling? or not til like tomorrow or something?

Well, probably not until tomorrow... I don't think they would actually want to stay there tonight and take the time to enter the results into the system.... BUT YOU NEVER KNOW! :D

That is strange they didn't say anything to you... when the dean talked, that is one of the things she made a point of saying.... i hope nothing changed since i interviewed the week before!

fun8stuff said:
Well, probably not until tomorrow... I don't think they would actually want to stay there tonight and take the time to enter the results into the system.... BUT YOU NEVER KNOW! :D

That is strange they didn't say anything to you... when the dean talked, that is one of the things she made a point of saying.... i hope nothing changed since i interviewed the week before!

It's getting late now... I am losing faith...

Maybe they will take me off hold. ;) I want to be one of the privileged few who gets to fill out the secondary!

UCLAstudent said:
Maybe they will take me off hold. ;) I want to be one of the privileged few who gets to fill out the secondary!

Me too. Placed on hold a day after submitting fee.

I'm still waitin' for their dang interview decision. The guy that was reviewing my file got swamped with "extra clinical responsibilities" but supposedly reviewed last week. Humph

Uegis said:
Me too. Placed on hold a day after submitting fee.

Yep, I was placed on hold really quickly, too.

UCLAstudent said:
Yep, I was placed on hold really quickly, too.

Makes u wonder....I forgot about their email request for fee, they sent me another email to extend my deadline, then put me on hold the next day. Haha, oh well, they take a lot of in-states, so I'm not fretting or surprised that I don't get even a secondary. Out of state is insanely expensive there.

Uegis said:
Makes u wonder....I forgot about their email request for fee, they sent me another email to extend my deadline, then put me on hold the next day. Haha, oh well, they take a lot of in-states, so I'm not fretting or surprised that I don't get even a secondary. Out of state is insanely expensive there.

I had no idea about the huge in-state preference when I applied there. I only applied there because it is in Michigan. I wouldn't have applied if I had known that they take 85% Michigan residents! :laugh:

UCLAstudent said:
I had no idea about the huge in-state preference when I applied there. I only applied there because it is in Michigan. I wouldn't have applied if I had known that they take 85% Michigan residents! :laugh:

if you are not a michigan resident, why did you choose to apply there based on it being in michigan? i know it's not the weather! :p

LauraMac said:
if you are not a michigan resident, why did you choose to apply there based on it being in michigan? i know it's not the weather! :p

Oh, it's definitely the weather! I've seen snow before. On TV. It looks like so much fun! ;)

Nah, just kidding. I'm familiar with the state because I have a whole bunch of relatives out there. I would feel very comfortable going to school in Michigan. Well, that, and I figure that I will need somewhere to go to on Thanksgiving. :laugh:

did anyone get a call or have an updated status page? ....not me! :confused:

fun8stuff said:
did anyone get a call or have an updated status page? ....not me! :confused:

After talking with them via email, i found out you can call 8:30am friday to find out. Normally they would let you know tuesday nights, but they are adhearing to AAMC rules! :eek: